Pontoon- speedboat accident on 8/25

Notices

Pontoon- speedboat accident on 8/25

Old 09-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wespin
Broken or loose wires no matter, still the responsibility of the boat owner.... he is responsible for his boat and making sure everthing works on it and all passengers have PFD's. Drinking comes in there too... Something to do with Safe Boating and all that... all are liable and should be under the same scrutiny from the lake legal types....
I just get tired of all the brow beating of the performance boaters....they are usually more compliant than the pontoon and other boaters you see on the water. Yet, who gets the bad rap......
Actuall if you read all of the articles, the sherriff's etc. were standing up for us in the articles.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only one I saw was in the local rag on line....moving on....

Old 09-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
I have been out of town since before it happened.

Here are the articles that the local paper has on it.

http://www.hcnonline.com/shared-cont...=boat+accident

Not good for us that actually have big boats. Our county is actually dumb enough to try and ban us because of an idiot like this. With the anuall BAJA bash coming up, it will be twice as bad - enforcement wise - as usual.
What are you trying to say Jeff? They should not be allowed to come to Lake Conroe?
Old 09-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Trojan-man
I count no less than 2 or 3 boats with no nav lights on every time I go on the lake at night. As far as I am concerned, that should be patrolled as heavily as drinking is. If you don't have $5 worth of nav lights on your boat to save your life, then you shouldn't be on the lake.

I vote they take people to jail for no nav lights at night. Any other takers ??

I see it all the time also,The lake is just 4 miles wide here,we'll go out on a Wed night and ill see the fishermen (no lights)coming back to the ramp wfo just after dark, the sail boats with just there dim whitelight on the mast,and the jet ski's ,and they dont protrol the water here at night

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boatman22
What are you trying to say Jeff? They should not be allowed to come to Lake Conroe?
I wasn't saying anything about the BAJA's. I was talking about the fact that there is a big party coming and they (law enforcement) knows it, so I assume they will be stepping up coverage a bit.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I see it all the time also,The lake is just 4 miles wide here,we'll go out on a Wed night and ill see the fishermen (no lights)coming back to the ramp wfo just after dark, the sail boats with just there dim whitelight on the mast,and the jet ski's ,and they dont protrol the water here at night
Correct sir, the vast majority are pontoon boats and sail boats. Our lake is not even a mile wide at the biggest part and only about 10 miles long in the open part of the lake (not the coves) so everyone has to run through the same corridor. I am a careful boater, and I have had too many close calls this year, and I am only one person, its a huge problem.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:32 AM
Registered

Woooow. Slow down there Captain congessman. You know those wires come loose and burn out sometimes when you don't expect them to.
yes I know, especially on my boat. It has happened to me twice, thats why I carry 2 spare nav light bulbs with me at all times
Old 09-03-2008, 07:29 AM
Registered

there is a big party coming and they (law enforcement) know it, so I assume they will be stepping up coverage a bit
Oh yes, they know. Actually, want to make sure they know. Don't want no surprises that weekend. I met Tony (Constable) last night at Papa's steak nite. He will be getting an event schedule from me. They will be out, like last year, having a good time with the scenery. If i can just keep Jason Smith from going 90+ under the 1097 bridge, all will be good. Or maybe use him as a decoy.