Lake Conroe info needed

Notices

Lake Conroe info needed

Old 03-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Conroe info needed

I am looking for some recomendations as to where to keep my boat on Lake Conroe. It is a 29' Fever. Preferably I would like a slip with a lift, power and water if they are available. If not in water slips with power and electric are OK for short term use. I noticed some of the places offer valet service and storage which I like because right now I am boating single again. I would also like a slip though as I sleep in the boat overnight after partying too hard at times. I looked around on the websites but what I want is some feedback froim those of you who have boated there on what/where would be the best place.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rgrgoog
I am looking for some recomendations as to where to keep my boat on Lake Conroe. It is a 29' Fever. Preferably I would like a slip with a lift, power and water if they are available. If not in water slips with power and electric are OK for short term use. I noticed some of the places offer valet service and storage which I like because right now I am boating single again. I would also like a slip though as I sleep in the boat overnight after partying too hard at times. I looked around on the websites but what I want is some feedback froim those of you who have boated there on what/where would be the best place.
Most everyone here keeps there boats at 105 storage and/or Inland marine. 105 storage is not on the lake but it is great because we all get together as a group and help with eachothers boats. Inland is where I keep my cruiser and I love it. We have a new cabana hut on the dock and it is the place we will be drinking this summer followed by sleeping on the boats. Inland marina also has valet slips available. If you go for a wet slip you will need to buy your own lift. David may have one for sale but I do not remember.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

105 is a great place and the comraderie is good but there are cheaper places. Try Lone Star Covers on highway 1097 (yes that is boat storage). It is nice, family owned, 24 hr, and cheap.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Registered

If your boat is on a trailer you should call Lakeview Marina because they have valet in and out of the water during the daylight hours. If your out at night pull in their cove behind the break water and sleep in piece or they safer bet with all the cops we have on this lake is leave it at whatever bar ( Papas ) you are going to party at and while you sleep we will jam to your music and drink all of your beer ( the preferred option )

Bottom line inland for in the water storage or Lakeview for valet or the big ballers have slips at both because there is an old Mainship at inland that was used in cuba for a spider breeding experiment and it stilll seems to be in effect.... Either way dont be a stranger... Welcome to Conroe
Old 03-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=rgrgoog;3357317]If not in water slips with power and electric are OK for short term use. QUOTE] Waterpoint Marina has overnighter slips and they are close to main activity areas.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Ok, I checked a few of those out and Lakeview dry storage is a no go (boat is to big on trailer, about 38' total length). I do not plan on leaving my boat in the water long term but I would like to have a slip with power and water so I can keep the boat in the water for a long weekend (Fri-Mon, 4 days) w/o running the batteries dead.

The sleep on the boat at Papas, would work too if I got really tore up. I am not stingy with my beer either but no moochers either. You must like Coors Light in cans and BTW I use my porti potty as a cooler for beer besides the small fridge in the boat.
I plan on coming down to the lake with the boat weather permitting for a dew days the weekend of 1-4 April. If anyone is going to be out then PM me and I wil give you my number so you can give me a tour of the lake. It looks like everything happens down in the southern end of the lake.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Registered
Gold Member

[QUOTE=On Time;3357513]
If not in water slips with power and electric are OK for short term use. QUOTE] Waterpoint Marina has overnighter slips and they are close to main activity areas.
On time, I looked at Waterpoint and they are close to everything just no boat launch. They are one of my choices. The rate is not that bad either.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=rgrgoog;3357548]
Originally Posted by On Time

On time, I looked at Waterpoint and they are close to everything just no boat launch. They are one of my choices. The rate is not that bad either.
By far the best boat launch is April Plaza Marina. The great thing about this place is no matter what the wind is it is protected. Its just not cheap. They also have slips and gas there and a little store. Just no partying. They don't have a bar or club. Some of the other ramps look nice but in wind they are terrible.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Registered
Gold Member

I went and locked one in at the Waterpoint for this year.