Notices

Beware, eagle trailer

Old 10-30-2005, 10:14 AM
TJ1
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Beware, eagle trailer

Hey guys this is just an idea. Would one, some, all call Nextrail and ask the price of a boat trailer ? My wife and I just refurbished a 1981 22 foot 7inch CC Mako. 2200 lbs empty with a 200 Mercury; our reason for the new trailer. We have a beautiful boat. Doesn't have to be a Mako, any boat in the weight and length class will do. I ask Gary, who said he owned the company for disk brakes and the SS package. I was given a price of $2793.00. The trailer is great, big beams, big bunks, just not what I ordered and paid for. When I called about the mishap Gary said he wouldn't have sold me disk brakes or a SS package. He said, "Drum brakes are better than disk and the other bolts are better than SS yada, yada, yada" ! If you're just reading this you can back up a few post to catch up.

By the way this is just to see what happens nothing more. Wouldn't get y'all involved. Besides, you're just checking trailer prices right. Nextrail wasn't the most espensive or the least expensive. Don't forget to ask for a copy of the specks you want in the sale. OH Yea, ask for the price of drum brakes as well. Post what you find, just curious ! Nextrail's # is 1-800-570-6070.
Old 10-30-2005, 10:39 AM
TJ1
Registered

Default Re: Beware, eagle trailer

Hey guys this is just an idea. Would one, some, all call Nextrail and ask the price of a boat trailer ? My wife and I just refurbished a 1981 22 foot 7inch CC Mako. 2200 lbs empty with a 200 Mercury; our reason for the new trailer. We have a beautiful boat. Doesn't have to be a Mako, any boat in the weight and length class will do. I ask Gary, who said he owned the company for disk brakes and the SS package. I was given a price of $2793.00. The trailer is great, big beams, big bunks, just not what I ordered and paid for. When I called about the mishap Gary said he wouldn't have sold me disk brakes or a SS package. He said, "Drum brakes are better than disk and the other bolts are better than SS yada, yada, yada" ! If you're just reading this you can back up a few post to catch up.

By the way this is just to see what happens nothing more. Wouldn't get y'all involved. Besides, you're just checking trailer prices right. Nextrail wasn't the most espensive or the least expensive. Don't forget to ask for a copy of the specks you want in the sale. OH Yea, ask for the price of drum brakes as well. Post what you find, just curious ! Nextrail's # is 1-800-570-6070.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:40 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by birdog
Not Eagle....Nextrail

Nextrail huh? Very interesting and disappointing

sorry Eagle
Old 11-09-2005, 05:37 PM
TJ1
Registered

Brad at Nextrail sent me the disk brakes and the stainless steel package. I think Brad is a good guy. The trailer is well built and I would recommend them. Make sure you speak to Brad.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Registered

Update, I'm glad Brad helped you out. I cant get him to return my calls. Left 4 last fall and quit because the boat has been in storage. Left one thurs, no response. He offered me a new trailer in exchange for this one for $1500.00 last year, Does that sound fair? I'm ready to do it to stay off the side of the road. The tires are all wearing on the edges and for some reason the caliper bolts keep falling out? Thanks again for listening. JC