Notices

Best Trailer Tires

Old 07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Trailer Tires

Having some bad luck with trailer tires What is the consensus on what ones hold up for the long haul the best???
Old 07-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts
Default Re: Best Trailer Tires

Stay away from Carlisle. Mostly everyone here has had bad luck with them. Goodyear Marathons did fine by me, but my current trailer came with LT truck tires, which I have gone through a bunch.

Cooper Tires also makes a trailer tire. I really liked my Cooper Truck tires and would try their trailer tires if time comes.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Registered

Doa search and you willfind a ton of posts on trailer tires. It seems most people hate carlisle and like goodyear marathons. I just bought a marathons and am very happy with them .
Old 07-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I only use Carlisles. People give them to me all the time.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I trailer all the time and have Goodyears on both my boat trailer and 28' enclosed trailer. Great running durable tires.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Goodyear workhorse they are great tires.
Old 07-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodyear Marathons.
Got them on my enclosed car carrier and boat trailer and never a problem. One small bit of advice...cover the tires during the off season. UV rays play hell on ANY rubber
Old 07-05-2005, 07:20 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

I don't know about your end of the country but I've seen so many Goodyear Marathons come apart in Arizona heat, 110+ degrees that I'll never put those piles of crap on my trailer again. I remember on one Havasu trip my partner lost two with over half the tread left just on the way up there. I've changed so many of those tires it's sick.... I've been buying those Trailmaster tires from Big-O and haven't blown one since. (knock on wood). Last trip to Havasu one of my buddies lost a Goodyear, it separated, tore his fender up and to make matters worse his studs were spinning in the hub (completely rusted out), we had to strap the axle up and limp into a truck stop so they could change the tire on the trailer. Of course he needed my spare because he had changed one of his out before the trip and didn't have one. More Goodyear junk......... What ever you do, if you run where it's hot don't buy Goodyears, not only that the Big-O Trailmasters are about 70 bucks mounted and balanced, Goodyears are over a hundred. I replace four every year and put the best ones on the back axle because they wear out from turning. (three axle trailer)
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Registered

Don't know much about the GoodYear Marathons, but I've had great success with the GoodYear WorkHorse (9.50 X 16.5) towing in the heat of Ga. and Fl. I know it's nothing like Az. but it does get purdy warm here in the summer.

Robert
Old 07-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Registered

Michelin R.i.b. 10 Ply All Steel, Excelent Tire. Not Cheap. Great Load Rating As Well. My 2 Cents

Quick Reply: Best Trailer Tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.