Notices

GM recall

Old 08-31-2005, 02:05 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Re: GM recall

While "american quality" hasn't been brought up yet thought I would throw this out anyway. This whole import/export imbalance is a bad thing for our economy. We keep pumping more $ into foreign owned companies and the $ go right back over to their country. Then they come back and buy our real estate, companies and even our new products which they are so accomplished at reverse engineering and bringing to market as an american 'wanaabe". While the small thinker will think we are really showing the american auto what we think when we invest in the foreign product. The big picture is we are slowly screwing ourselves. When these funds are sent out of our economy they cease to generate more $. Anyone who has to deal directly with the executive staffs at major foreign owned co's canprobably give you a better idea as to the "love" they show to americans

Last edited by bob; 08-31-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 02:15 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wannabe
This is a low speed condition when braking. It causes the ABS to engage and lengthens low speed stops. It is actually scary because you are jammin on the brakes and the ABS is chattering and you should simply stop- but you keep rollin until the abs stops. At high speed it does not affect stopping.

I am a little suprised at stecz post, maybe he likes rice. I believe in supporting American companies, I don't see any offshore boats with Toyota V8's. My Yukon XL is a great vehicle and really this ABS issue is the only complaint I have. I get 18 mpg on the highway at 80 mph, haul 5 people and gear, and it pulls a trailer very well when I need it to.

Wannabe
why are you surprised? he is a ford man.... i don't think stecz was saying go buy a nissan...
Old 08-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't be hatin 0 recalls yet As a matter of fact I haven't heard from them in a few years or nothing so take that
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2005, 03:53 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

i had a daewoo once...
Attached Images   
Old 08-31-2005, 04:02 PM
Registered

Hey I bet it got the job done for half the price of a bobcat or case.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:13 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Hey I bet it got the job done for half the price of a bobcat or case.
i said had because it never ran right... the new cat took care of it.....

once again, if you want the best, buy a cat...
Old 08-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Registered

Yes I just borrow buying dose not fit into the financial situtuation Always nice to have people like you though who buy saves us poor souls from renting I think the most useful are the little backhoes I can get you one of those for $3500 it needs one cylinder replaced and yes it is in Ohio but I think it is still worth it.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Registered

never question my loyalty to the american market.. every vehicle i buy is owned by ford.. even my wifes range rover.. please dont take this post very serious, and if you do, thats your problem.. it was said in jest.. im a ford guy, with a 6.0 i know all about reacalls.. i even owe craig a steak dinner for my truck going into servise before his..
Old 08-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
thats so funny!!!!.......Ive always considered you a newbie

your from canada, and your french. im not even sure i consider you a person.....
Old 08-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=stecz20] every vehicle i buy is owned by ford.. please dont take this post very serious, and if you do, thats your problem..

He He He when was the last time you ever saw a ford engine in a fast boat....never!
I have a ford engine in my boat though.... it has a chain tied to it and I call it an anchor
Best use I have found for a ford

Quick Reply: GM recall

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.