Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
What do you tow your 35+ ft. boat with? >

What do you tow your 35+ ft. boat with?

Notices

What do you tow your 35+ ft. boat with?

Old 10-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What do you tow your 35+ ft. boat with?

95f350 pstroke crewcab dually 2wd towing a heavy 35 cig 79 mistress.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheelbase of the tow vehicle is another consideration, can make a big difference
Old 10-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterheater
Tom, find me a halfway decent dually, will ya??? Used
Yeah, someone help this guy out will ya?
Old 10-26-2005, 10:56 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Byrdman
Idiots!!! Again!
byrdman... i think you said it all.....
Old 10-26-2005, 11:01 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 245 limited
I understand the issues,I am not trying to make problems here,I think that any vehicle can have the same problems in a emergency,my truck can handle some good loads and would still be scary under a emergency.He is doing with what he has and has taken as many precautions as possible,my whole point is that most of these boats are heavier than the trucks ratings that is all.It is hard to spend 45-50,000 on a truck for two pulls a year.
if you can afford a big offshore boat, you can afford an adequate tow rig (and it doesn't have to be new).... it shouldn't even be a question..

and most people on here who are in the know, don't tow over the limits.... actually alot of guys on here, rip off the stock hardware on their duallys and HDs to put on better equipment to be safe.... hitches, wd hitches, recievers, balls not too mention the truck have to be up to the task at hand...

you can be the guy towing 12k in a short bed half ton if you want, but don't come crying on OSO how your insurance company is screwing you because they won't pay for your truck, boat and trailer....
Old 10-27-2005, 06:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 345 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by waterheater
Craig, you talkin Gun weight including trailer? My specs say Gun at 10,500, then add the rest.
Basically, I was just talking chit.

I have no idea what mine weighs. The info that I've seen on my boat (Kevlar) suggests a 9200 lb weight. Add an aluminum trailer (1750 lbs.), 260 gallons of fuel (1500 lbs.), gear and beer (500 lbs) and you come up with 11,200.

As I've said in the past, NONE of us really want to know the ACTUAL weight of what an old Cig weighs!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 06:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 461 Posts

I tow my 42 tiger with an 01 gmc dually, lowered with air bags in the rear..weight of truck, boat, trailer and me and my buddy in it, tanks half full was 21020 lbs... dont ever think that it doesnt add up faster than you think.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 345 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
I tow my 42 tiger with an 01 gmc dually, lowered with air bags in the rear..weight of truck, boat, trailer and me and my buddy in it, tanks half full was 21020 lbs... dont ever think that it doesnt add up faster than you think.
Where did you get it weighed???
Old 10-27-2005, 06:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 461 Posts

was coming back from richmond and hit a scale at a truck stop that you can just drive on...they are all over 95...this one is at the intersection of 301 and 95 south of fredericksburg. cost me like 8 bucks and because it is for semis it gives you a breakdown of weight per axle too, very informative.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:51 AM
Registered

OK.........a 35ft plus boat costs 100,000 plus min. Add the expense of operating these cool boats on a monthly basis....and then you need to plan on towing it legally. I don't get this whole thing of "I can't afford a big rig to pull my boat" business. I have said it on the other thread about pulling big boats. I have a 25 checkmate and tow it 600 miles twice a year with my suburban and want to upgrade to a dually. Seeing these truck and boat set-ups is like someone putting alphas on 1 of these boats with twin 600hp motors. Yet I don't see anyone doing that because that would break down on them and ruin "their" day, yet they will overlaod the tow vehicle and potentially ruin the day's of a lot of people including their families and other families on the road they happen to crash on (God Forbid) if something were to go wrong

Quick Reply: What do you tow your 35+ ft. boat with?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.