Notices

Lamborghini gurus

Old 11-16-2005, 11:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Lamborghini gurus

The last pics.
Try Mike at symbolic, he is very well versed with these cars.

http://www.symbolicmotors.com/mainpa...e.php?cid=4179
Old 11-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

I'd pony up for a new Corvette Z06 for that kinda money, and be able to spank the Diablo.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:43 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IDRPSTF
You will need either a VERY early 90's diablo.. A mile'r...or something abused for $100K or under. My wife and I just sold ours last month for 1 3/4 that price. It was a 97 and a half, one of a kind color from Lambo, and I had a clutch and full service done before selling it. It was nice having the car, but a little too much attention. It always would draw a crowd, and every punk with a rice burner and a wing would pull up about 6 inches off the door and want to race. Like I said... it was fun to have, but I dont miss it one bit!

Ahh yes, the worst part.

Unless you truly enjoy being constantly engaged by "regular people" this isn't the car for oyu. That is unless you live somewhere where they are an everyday occurrence. These cars are magnets. Unfortunately the a$$hole to pretty-young-girl ratio is somewhere around 50:1
Old 11-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I'd pony up for a new Corvette Z06 for that kinda money, and be able to spank the Diablo.
yeah I dont really like lambo's, but I'd take one
Old 11-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Registered

The ZO6 may be faster, but it looks like a reguar vette. Hell, a properly fixed up Supra runs faster than both. There's always going to be someone faster than you. The Diablo is in a different league. You don't get a Diablo to race. It's a status car. Valet a Diablo at a club and a Vette. Who gets more attention ?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by frequentflyer
The ZO6 may be faster, but it looks like a reguar vette. Hell, a properly fixed up Supra runs faster than both. There's always going to be someone faster than you. The Diablo is in a different league. You don't get a Diablo to race. It's a status car. Valet a Diablo at a club and a Vette. Who gets more attention ?
VERY TRUE........It's a STATUS CAR
Old 11-17-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

It's not about speed , I have a street legal 55' Chevy that runs 8's in the quarter at almost 180 mph in race tune and is mild mannered on the street with a simple pulley swap . It's funny when all of the trailer queens get loaded up at the track after making some 10 or 11 second passes and we kick the vintage air on and drive off .
Old 11-18-2005, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AMERICAN BAD A$$
It's not about speed , I have a street legal 55' Chevy that runs 8's in the quarter at almost 180 mph in race tune and is mild mannered on the street with a simple pulley swap . It's funny when all of the trailer queens get loaded up at the track after making some 10 or 11 second passes and we kick the vintage air on and drive off .
Pics please.....Love those tri-5 Chevs !
Old 11-18-2005, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nelson Lamborghini of Ohio are great ppl. We have bought 5 Lambo's from them.

We had a 94VT new. If you find one driven well, they are a great ride. We also had a 97.

The new Gallardo and Murcilago are nice. Ask for Ron Frost at Nelson if you call. 800-606-9595

Tell them Craig Vanderwall Sr, and Jr sent you. They won't treat you wrong
Old 11-18-2005, 10:35 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a '91 I bought new from Kerbeck.
At 3,000 miles, out of warranty, while sitting at a stop light it suddenly started running rough. Wouldn't rev over 4,000 after that.

What happened? The timing chain "slipped," and all of the valves on one bank of cylinders were bent. A $10K repair.

Oh, and on the day it was delivered (New Years Day 1992). the gear shift linkage "locked-up" several miles from home, the very first time I drove it. Had be put on a flat-bed and trucked to the Lambo dealer 150 miles away.

Had to be hauled away by flat-bed 3 more times because of electrical problems.

I sure a hell would NOT buy an early 90's Lambo!

Quick Reply: Lamborghini gurus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.