Notices

Lamborghini gurus

Old 11-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lamborghini gurus

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Ahh yes, the worst part.

Unless you truly enjoy being constantly engaged by "regular people" this isn't the car for oyu. That is unless you live somewhere where they are an everyday occurrence. These cars are magnets. Unfortunately the a$$hole to pretty-young-girl ratio is somewhere around 50:1

I agree, "regular people" suck.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vandy021
Nelson Lamborghini of Ohio are great ppl. We have bought 5 Lambo's from them.

We had a 94VT new. If you find one driven well, they are a great ride. We also had a 97.

The new Gallardo and Murcilago are nice. Ask for Ron Frost at Nelson if you call. 800-606-9595

Tell them Craig Vanderwall Sr, and Jr sent you. They won't treat you wrong

Ron has some brand new '05 Gallardos he will cut anyone a smoking deal on if anybody is looking

Straight shooter, no BS kind of guy.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Lemme get this straight....

The E-Dock thread (about boating) gets moved and this is STILL in the GD forum????

Buck
Old 11-21-2005, 06:52 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
I agree, "regular people" suck.

"regular people" is a polite euphamism for the half-drunk 22 year old redneck kid with 3 teeth who won't let you fill the thing with gas. That or the crusty old guy who insists on telling you that it's people like me that are what's wrong with America. You throw in the occasional woman in her mid-50's dressed like Britney Spears (only the Britney that shops at a thrift store) that openly propositions you in front of your wife in exchange for a ride.

I did enjoy chatting with the polite, interested people who just wanted a look or to ask a question but after a while, I actually wanted to start bringing my gas home in cans. The car left soon after. If you lived in West Hollywood, you'd be invisible. If you live in Des Moines, it's like dating a supermodel- both good and bad.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ApachePete
I had a '91 I bought new from Kerbeck.
At 3,000 miles, out of warranty, while sitting at a stop light it suddenly started running rough. Wouldn't rev over 4,000 after that.

What happened? The timing chain "slipped," and all of the valves on one bank of cylinders were bent. A $10K repair.

Oh, and on the day it was delivered (New Years Day 1992). the gear shift linkage "locked-up" several miles from home, the very first time I drove it. Had be put on a flat-bed and trucked to the Lambo dealer 150 miles away.

Had to be hauled away by flat-bed 3 more times because of electrical problems.

I sure a hell would NOT buy an early 90's Lambo!

Sounds like our 46 2004 Cig
Old 11-22-2005, 04:55 AM
Registered

first thing: don't slip the clutch. it is notoriously fragile and it can go up in fumes just by coming out of the parking lot. and it is a well known fact that it is scandalously expensive to replace.

second thing: don't drive it in rain. wiring is just a giant bowl of spaghetti and it will stop on you if it gets wet.

in general, the best thing is to leave it in a garage, look at it from time to time and start the engine every now and then. perhaps go down to your favourite restaurant on a warm summer day. because apart from the sound and stares, it is not such a rewarding experience. you can't see out of it, parking and car parks in general are a nightmare, it will run hot in traffic, the gearbox is imprecise and slow and the clutch heavy. get a more recent one because any saving you make by getting an early one is an illusion. better still, get a gallardo if you really want a lambo. it's a performance car that actually lives in the real world where you have potholes, traffic jams, underground parking lots and bad weather.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by super termoli
first thing: don't slip the clutch. it is notoriously fragile and it can go up in fumes just by coming out of the parking lot. and it is a well known fact that it is scandalously expensive to replace.

second thing: don't drive it in rain. wiring is just a giant bowl of spaghetti and it will stop on you if it gets wet.

in general, the best thing is to leave it in a garage, look at it from time to time and start the engine every now and then. perhaps go down to your favourite restaurant on a warm summer day. because apart from the sound and stares, it is not such a rewarding experience. you can't see out of it, parking and car parks in general are a nightmare, it will run hot in traffic, the gearbox is imprecise and slow and the clutch heavy. get a more recent one because any saving you make by getting an early one is an illusion. better still, get a gallardo if you really want a lambo. it's a performance car that actually lives in the real world where you have potholes, traffic jams, underground parking lots and bad weather.
I have officially been talked out of wanting a Lambo , just wanted a new toy , Got a line on a 63 vette that would be a good pro street candidate....
Old 11-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AMERICAN BAD A$$
I'm trying to spend 100k or less the first time out ...
Then get a Z06 2006 Vette and Blow all those exotics doors off.
Ok it may sound "cheap" but think again and spend the money on a Classic Exotic if you have to.... a Daytona Spider for example...if it has to be a foreign for you.
Otherwise go with American Iīd say.
I have and havenīt regretted once..my dad is in to italian exotica nad has several POS
He was Mumbling last about a Maranello but I told him to get a boat instead.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 11-26-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:34 PM
Registered

Unfortunately the a$$hole to pretty-young-girl ratio is somewhere around 50:1

But nothing beats pulling up to the bar and having a "Batman moment". One hot girl sitting on another hot girls lap as the gull wing door opens. After that happened...it was time to sell!