Notices

OT - Cadillac CTS-V

Old 01-14-2006, 02:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: OT - Cadillac CTS-V

Cadillacs depreciate faster than a Fountain.
roflmao
Old 01-14-2006, 07:05 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

I ran a CTS-V for two years. Probably one of the nicest perf cars I had as it made a nice business car and was fast The handling was outstanding. Look at it's record at SCCA. In 2004 it smoked everything, including Vipers, M3's you name it. Then they added weight to it and took out horsepower. It only has rr drive, some of the other mfg's need AWD to get thru the track and get the handling and performance. You can cross it up and let it hang and it is actually too easy to drive. I kicked a bunch of butt on the highway and loved the Navagation...nice business car in my opinion. You can get some pretty good deals on them as well.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at that car hard for a year. They have a lot of problems with the rear end giving out if you are hard on the car.The CTS will be redesigned this year so be carefull on buying car that will be dated this fall. I instead bought a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8. This car has a 6.1 425hp hemi in it. A couple of tweeks and my car has 450ish hp now. For the money nothing out there is going to touch it. I also looked at the S4 and the AMG C55 before I went with this. Good luck on your choice. Mike
Originally Posted by On The Heat
Need opinions. I want a 4 door performance sedan and I love horsepower (as we all do on this forum). I would love an M5 or AMG E55 however, I don't have $80k to dump. However, Cadillac has a nice rig that has a performance build for $50k - the CTS-V. It has the 6.0L vette engine and is a 12.5 second car. I drove it and it is a nice combination of luxury and performance.

In my house, my wife is included on every decision and even though I can do what I want, I like her support. I love this car and she can't get over the stigma of it being a cadillac which has the stereotype of an old persons car. She is down on the ehole thing and I can't convice her otherwise....however, she did agree to drive 1 tomorrow morning which I am hoping will change her mind.

What do you guys think?

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/...jsp?model=ctsv
Old 01-14-2006, 07:22 AM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Cad is not set up to be a drag car. It is set up to be a track car and that is where it shines...just ask the Viper boys not to mention the 300 boys who don't even play in the same sand box. It's not difficult to get it to hook up and go straight, that is easy. But to design it to go fast through corners, well that is a different challenge that takes some good design work.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree the CTS-V has kicked butt in the hands of Andy racing it this year. But the 300 SRT-8 is no pig either. I have driven it at Homestead speedway at 140 and it was solid. It pulled a .91 on the skidpad in one of the magazine tests. What worried me about the V is I did not want to blow the rear end out racing someone off the line. If I bought that car I was going to supercharge it. They have had problems with cars with the stock hp.
Originally Posted by bob
Cad is not set up to be a drag car. It is set up to be a track car and that is where it shines...just ask the Viper boys not to mention the 300 boys who don't even play in the same sand box. It's not difficult to get it to hook up and go straight, that is easy. But to design it to go fast through corners, well that is a different challenge that takes some good design work.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
Cadillacs depreciate faster than a Fountain.

... and are slower than a Cig....
Old 01-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Buy a used STS-V I think they have more hp. No cady comes close to the E55 AMG.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bgchuby01
the best bang for the buck is the hemi chrsyler or the dodge. For 35000 new you can kick all of their ass's
THATS NOT HAPPENIN...CTS-V is quicker than an 04 9Non Z06) vette. And none of the Dodges have a shot.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

you can find used CTS-V's 2005's with under 10K miles in the mid to high 30's
Old 01-14-2006, 08:21 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This one isn't in the budget, but it will get you into the AMG hunt. Katech wrote the book on this platform.
Bob
http://www.katechengines.com/street_...e_packages.php
http://popularhotrodding.com/features/0411phr_katech/
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/imglib/tunercars.html

Quick Reply: OT - Cadillac CTS-V

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.