Notices

LBZ comes home

Old 04-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: LBZ comes home

carrboy, Troutly is speaking of the bodyside mouldings (soccer-mom ding protectors).
5PM runs a Donz-eye 28

Troutly, I wish they were available in this bodycolor (Victory Red). The only viable alternative for some protection, is the 2" wide all chrome that comes on the GMC's. I am leaning toward pulling these black ones off though.
Like I said, I think they'll look even more absurd once I get the red door handles and bezels in.

5PM, WHITE! you will hate yourself for owning that much black paint!
I'll be where I've always been this year...year #16.
I have July and August off again this year. With all the work going on here at the ranch...that'll be a majority of my season. Getting this place dressed out this year is pretty important to me. Got a couple of big projects going down here.
First on the list is some excavation and an estimated 300 tons of 3/4- crushed stone.
Of course, the stone is free.
To think of all the springs I spent picking rock here on the farm...not knowing it was gold.
They make asphalt too...hmmm...

Article in the Sunday paper about all the debris in the River from the 2 big wind storms this winter. The last one caused an estimated 38" storm surge in the river. Docks, crib tops, pieces of boathouses and anything else you can imagine, including canoes, kayaks, whole picnic tables, gas/garbage cans ect. Alot of stuff blown off the NW shore. Cheney's 18 Whaler was blown off the lift, partially submerged in Spicer Bay, and it was 3/4ing into the wind! "It's a lumber yard out there" was quoted. Some really nasty, sizable and dangerous stuff...and it'll be around awhile. I'm in no big hurry to hit the River...trailering down to Henderson and doing the Lake thing early is gonna be a much safer bet!

Last edited by Rippem; 04-02-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought an LT, the factory flares came painted, added Denali pre-painted door handles and painted the bumper cover to match [white] really cleans up the truck
Old 04-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Registered

The thing about front-end paint (bumper cover/valence/air dam) is that they are a b!tch to keep between the bugs and stone chips. Those will stay stock on mine for cleaning ease.

Luckily for me the black pieces that will remain go a bit better with red than white. A whited-out truck looks really nice tho...
Old 04-02-2006, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
The thing about front-end paint (bumper cover/valence/air dam) is that they are a b!tch to keep between the bugs and stone chips. Those will stay stock on mine for cleaning ease.

Luckily for me the black pieces that will remain go a bit better with red than white. A whited-out truck looks really nice tho...
We dont have real bug issues in Az, rock chips YES! We us 3-M clear guard on all painted [front] surfaces
Attached Thumbnails LBZ comes home-img_0583.jpg   LBZ comes home-img_0584.jpg  
Old 04-02-2006, 02:36 PM
Registered

Rippem, I am a red fan, just sold my Ford yesterday, wouldnt pull [safely]my new boat, 37's, 7 inch lift
Attached Thumbnails LBZ comes home-img_0544.jpg  
Old 04-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
Rippem, I am a red fan, just sold my Ford yesterday, wouldnt pull [safely]my new boat, 37's, 7 inch lift
Nice lookin' truck though.

wandered a bit with a load I bet!
Old 04-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rippem
Nice lookin' truck though.

wandered a bit with a load I bet!
to say the least I had 35's with a 4.5 inch lift on it and it pulled and more important stopped my 353, got stupid[bored] and lifted it again to 7 inches, mistake!!! wandered bad and would'nt stop for sh#t, new boat's coming in 3 weeks and somethin had to go!
Old 04-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Registered

Knew I was reading wrong...Troutly doesn't seem to miss too much... as far as black or white,DEFINITELY WHITE!!!I have the black and I miss my white one soo much!!!The black looks nice clean but just a little dirt and it looks like an old relic.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carrboy
Knew I was reading wrong...Troutly doesn't seem to miss too much... as far as black or white,DEFINITELY WHITE!!!I have the black and I miss my white one soo much!!!The black looks nice clean but just a little dirt and it looks like an old relic.
especially in AZ, dust here sucks, 20 minutes after washing a vehicle[black or any other dark color] it looks like hell
Old 04-02-2006, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by carrboy
Troutly doesn't seem to miss too much...

Quick Reply: LBZ comes home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.