Notices

LBZ comes home

Old 04-02-2006, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LBZ comes home

I've had three white dodges, so It looks like one more white truck won't hurt. Carrboy, Smitty and Timmy are very good budz of ours, we'll have to hook up in 'swego. Rip is one of the few bayers not afraid to get on the big lake and visit us from the bay. Between us, 3rd bird and a few others we could have a hell of a weekend in the pond!
Old 04-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 5PMSMWHR
It looks like one more white truck won't hurt.
I've had a white one also...(the one that burned). I found the white pretty forgiving/easy-to-keep. Thought about it again. I'm just into red right now. White is the "universal" hauler color!

Rip is one of the few bayers not afraid to get on the big lake and visit us
I love the Lake.

Between us, 3rd bird and a few others we could have a hell of a weekend in the pond!
I'm all about that. I think ya'll like the newest deckhand. She's a hottie, smart, and waaaay

EDIT: Will "Yo" be there to build the fire? Bruce said that's his first and last name.

Yo does do nice work.

Last edited by Rippem; 04-02-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Registered

I've had three white dodges, so It looks like one more white truck won't hurt.
yea I had a white truck once too...

replaced that with this 496/Allison GMC
Attached Thumbnails LBZ comes home-picture-099.jpg   LBZ comes home-picture-101.jpg   LBZ comes home-picture-053.jpg  

Old 04-03-2006, 09:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
Rippem, I am a red fan, just sold my Ford yesterday, wouldnt pull [safely]my new boat, 37's, 7 inch lift
Can you give me a little info about that lift? What brand etc... What year is the truck? What size rims? I have an 05 I am wanting to lift and I like the looks of yours.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bikinilover
Can you give me a little info about that lift? What brand etc... What year is the truck? What size rims? I have an 05 I am wanting to lift and I like the looks of yours.
Donahoe lift, 7 inch, 37X13.50X20 Toyo MT tires, Weld 20X10 Sandstorm wheels [polished], truck is an 05. If your going to tow anything large, I wouldnt go that big of lift or tire, I like the Toyos, E-rated and wear well for the type of tire, pm me if you want a complete list on what I had done to this truck, 25k in adds
Old 04-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Rippem,
Congratulations on the new truck. I like the Mods you have made so far. Looks like our trucks are going to look very similar. I am still trying to figure out how you got your truck before me! I ordered mine two weeks before you and got a build week of 3/13 which was then bumped to 4/3. Your dealer took good care of you.
Dan
Old 04-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Registered

I was wondering where you were on this Dan.

"Your dealer took good care of you."

always does! Not only is the boss at the Chevy store a friend and nieghbor, I worked with the service manager many moons ago. I was a service writer and he was a tech...
So I asked Terry when I bought the LLY crew "how do you feel about power adders and mods?"

his answer..."have fun, I'll take care of you, unless you destroy something that my regional service rep wants to look into...if that happens, we'll have to 'clean the truck up'...."

my build week was 3/6. Truck landed here 3/21.

Post some pics when yours hits.
Old 04-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Registered

Rippem,
I just received an email from Howard saying my truck is going for a short train ride. I hope to get it next week. Pictures to follow. What rims did you go with?
Dan
Old 04-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Registered

Panther Juice 8
18x8.5 4.61 backspace 0 offset
3400 lb load rating, 3 yr chrome warranty, lifetime structural.

That backspace (or more, up to say 5.65 for an 18x 9.5 (like the Eagle 114) are the perfect combo for stance on these trucks IMHO with a 285/60-18 tire. Less bs than that stick out too much with any tire, and more than the Eagle (for example) will hit the suspension on turn-in.

20's just don't have enough sidewall hieght for any "work" and you sacrifice a fair bit of ride quality (compared to a similar tire dia 20" combo) in a 7000 lb vehicle because of just that fact.

I turned the torsion bars up 6 turns (give or take each side) to #1 level the truck (closer) front-to-rear and #2 level the truck side to side. I tend to go for a side-to-side that makes the truck level w/me (250 lbs) and a full tank of fuel on the driver's side. No noticable change in ride qualitywith the bars up an 1 1/2" or so. I've always done this.

I had to trim the back lower corner off the spoiler.
It turned out very nice...I'll post some pics.

The tires are Yokahama Geolandar H/T-S "street truck" tire.

31.4 dia (about the same as a typical 265/75-16) They have a 3086 lb load rating at 50 PSI, and are getting great reviews...especially for wet performance and ride quality(check tirerack for survey and specs)...and they are not expensive. They appear to be one of the best buys for the dollar in a + size (truck) tire, looks that way to me just knowing what I paid for them...
Though there have supposedly been some found out-of-round...time will tell. One hopped a little on the balancer but doesn't show itself on the truck, yet...if it does it'll be replaced, as I bought the tires through another buddy of mine who's the largest tire retailer in the area.

I have no use for an all-terrain type tire as I have 245-16 load E Blizzaks on PYO's for winter. This one may sit out winters anyway, as I'm building/ressurecting a last gen FS gas 4WD for a winter driver/plow truck.

A street type tire for the appearance and performance I wanted is hard to find in this size (18") that has much more than a 25-2600 lb. load rating...watch out for that.

Keep in mind that a combo like this is signifcantly heavier that the stock aluminum wheels and 245-16 tire. This extra "unsprung" wieght is always a negative...to acceleration, braking and mileage...
Your results may vary...to tell the truth tho...how much noticable effect can there be, on anything but mileage, on a 7000 lb. (braking) truck with 650 ft lbs. (acceleration) of torque?

That's my story...and I'm sticking to it!

Last edited by Rippem; 04-07-2006 at 01:03 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:02 AM
Registered

Juice 8
Attached Thumbnails LBZ comes home-259-juice-8.jpg  

Quick Reply: LBZ comes home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.