Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Who has the most miles on a D Max?? >

Who has the most miles on a D Max??

Notices

Who has the most miles on a D Max??

Old 04-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Who has the most miles on a D Max??

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Ford!!......and I thought you were a chevy guy......
I know, I know.... It's actually the first Ford I've owned in 28 years (and only the second ever).

But money is money and I needed a heavy duty tow vehicle and this is the best I could do within budget (even after looking for over 60 days).

I wondered if someone was going to catch that - At least I can still use the Suburban when I tow the car to the track
Old 04-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Re: Who has the most miles on a D Max??

My company truck (Konrad Marine) 2002 Duramax 2500HD has 145,000 miles on it. Runs like new, gets 19 mpg hwy.

Other than replacing the serpentine belt and all idler pulleys, she's all orig.

Kurt
Attached Thumbnails Who has the most miles on a D Max??-img_9701-large-.jpg  
Old 04-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on pretty high miles on my Excursion, currently at just over 109K in just over a year and a half of ownership bought new with 5 miles on it. I'm fanatical on maintance; every recall notice, oil changes sometimes twice per month, fuel filters regularly and about to change air filter again for the second time (expensive air filters poor design). Despite this maintance and non-abusive yet high miles driving; I'm confident that my 7.3 PSD that I traded was a better engine and will last longer over the 6.0 PSD in the long run. I'm getting noticeable power loss on small hills for instance. In short at 109K the engine feels tired allready.

Would cross over to Chevy if they made a diesel SUV near the size of the Excursion!
Old 04-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Registered

I have a 2002 DuraMax with 100k miles.
Only problem was leaking injectors at 95k, repaired under warrantee. No other problems

Ray
Old 04-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by Zudnic
I put on pretty high miles on my Excursion, currently at just over 109K in just over a year and a half of ownership bought new with 5 miles on it. I'm fanatical on maintance; every recall notice, oil changes sometimes twice per month, fuel filters regularly and about to change air filter again for the second time (expensive air filters poor design). Despite this maintance and non-abusive yet high miles driving; I'm confident that my 7.3 PSD that I traded was a better engine and will last longer over the 6.0 PSD in the long run. I'm getting noticeable power loss on small hills for instance. In short at 109K the engine feels tired allready.

Would cross over to Chevy if they made a diesel SUV near the size of the Excursion!

HOLY LOTS OF WINDSHIELD TIME BATMAN!
Old 04-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by welly192
I have a 2002 DuraMax with 100k miles.
Only problem was leaking injectors at 95k, repaired under warrantee. No other problems

Ray
what would an injector job cost if it wasnt covered under warranty???
Old 04-16-2006, 07:00 PM
Registered

My nieghbour has a 6.0 litre PSD.......he says one injector is worth like $600.......so to change injectors with labour is like $6000......is that true????? ........how about a D Max??
Old 04-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
HOLY LOTS OF WINDSHIELD TIME BATMAN!
The dealer that does some of my service say's I'm the highest miles in shortest time he has ever seen. 6 or 7 trips to LA from Seattle and a near 400 mile round trip twice per week.

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
My nieghbour has a 6.0 litre PSD.......he says one injector is worth like $600.......so to change injectors with labour is like $6000......is that true????? ........how about a D Max??
Might be posting the cost of having the injectors replaced latter this week. Its mega expensive is what my dealer said, so asked them not to look it up. We think my up hill power loss and sometimes hesitation starving for diesel is the injectors.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Registered

I had a 2002 Chevy Silverado with the Duramax and had the injectors replaced at 110,000miles. Since the dealer told me it would be 6 months before they could get injectors, I bought them at ATS Diesel and had them installed. The injectors (all 8) and the labor was like $8,000. Since I got the injectors at a non-GM facility, they only covered the labor and what the injectors would have cost them. I think it was around $6,000 total for a GM dealer to do it. I'm glad they put a 200,000 warranty on that engine before I had to replace the injectors!
Old 04-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by revtech55
I had a 2002 Chevy Silverado with the Duramax and had the injectors replaced at 110,000miles. Since the dealer told me it would be 6 months before they could get injectors, I bought them at ATS Diesel and had them installed. The injectors (all 8) and the labor was like $8,000. Since I got the injectors at a non-GM facility, they only covered the labor and what the injectors would have cost them. I think it was around $6,000 total for a GM dealer to do it. I'm glad they put a 200,000 warranty on that engine before I had to replace the injectors!
that right there is scary!!

Quick Reply: Who has the most miles on a D Max??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.