Notices

Pintle Hitch

Old 04-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts
Default Re: Pintle Hitch

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I use the one on the top picture on my piece of crap under-rated truck when I tow my overweight boat/trailer. Works great!!!!!

By the way, it's rated for 16,000 lbs.
Craig, can you bring the pintle cover down and latch it down??
Old 04-13-2006, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 345 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Craig, can you bring the pintle cover down and latch it down??
Yes, I can. But I never do. You know me...I like living on the edge!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's the option we use.

The pic on the left is the Pintle option by B&W. Clamps down on the trailer just like the thread starter is looking for.

Buck
Attached Thumbnails Pintle Hitch-ts.jpg  

Last edited by buck183; 04-13-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WARNING! Latch pintle hook and install lock pin before towing equipment.

I don`t know how many stencils I cut and wore out applying that to Air Force equipment.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Hammerlock combo hitch is extremely popular with our customers. Not to bad, 170ish bucks AIR. if you dont need to lower or raise it. On a dually, you may need some drop. In that case we also handle Putnam combo histhes and reciever plugs with multiple holes to vary the height of the pintle assembly...
Old 04-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by birdog
Yea.....You are right Byrdman...Pintles dont slam when you hit the brakes & the trailer moves forward. Nor do they slam over big humps in the road...

All these years towing my car trailer with WD set-up. Wish you had told me sooner I need a KW or Pete to tow 6000lbs......
well...you have too much play in the pintle....I never told you anything .....if your pintles are slamming around something is wrong with your load.....yes every now and then you will get a slam....but not much....they also have smaller pintle eyes ,mouth....and bigger pintle for trucks...hence my speech again, for you reets that basically are clueless on towing anything....I mean come on....your just finding out about most of this stuff now...i am watching it....lay down....you guys are 15 years behind!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Byrd,

I too was wondering why some were thinking this is some sort of new technology. Been using them since I was old enough to walk.

Buck
Old 04-14-2006, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by buck183
Byrd,

I too was wondering why some were thinking this is some sort of new technology. Been using them since I was old enough to walk.

Buck
Pintles ?.....Older than I am by far. But i have no idea why anyone would want to use one to tow a boat. I have a 30k rated ball, I think even Byrdman will allow that ?

As to WD bars...There is a reason every car trailer/travel trailer uses them.....Just slamming everybody that uses them for no reason just shows you dont understand the benefits offered by this set-up.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the pintles was just a question...nobody is saying to run pintles......but there is a real nice one that is super tight ...there are some 47 apache guys towing with them...but what do they know....they are only good for large loades on back bumper style.....and the WD hitch...well they are good ....like has been stated by me prior once.....the problem is.....people are towing real big boats....like 42 and greater boats with single wheel vehicles....and they are using the wd hitch to help over come issues that should never exist in the first place!!!!....The wd hitch should NOT be used as a problem solver....
Old 04-14-2006, 09:05 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought the hitch from the 1st page because I liked the looks I have a 2001 F-350 crew cab dually with an 8ft bed that I use to tow a 35ft Fountain. I am a big fan of having more truck that than the boat needs...just my .02.....BZ

Quick Reply: Pintle Hitch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.