Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Waxing - Cars, Not boats - Remove swirl marks >

Waxing - Cars, Not boats - Remove swirl marks

Notices

Waxing - Cars, Not boats - Remove swirl marks

Old 04-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: Waxing - Cars, Not boats - Remove swirl marks

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Not that I know anything about BMWs and their paint but I would recommend....
You are such a dik
Old 04-18-2006, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
black cars show every imperfection. after the car has been washed over time it will develop tiny micro scrathes in the clear that will never go totally away. best bet is to hand glaze them with a quality 3m or similar product.

Yup... I have owned 8 black cars and they will show imperfections over time... just the way it is. Bentley uses a type of paint on their cars that is supposedly the best in the world. I have no clue what it is but I hear it is the chit. Even the pros of pros get dust or something on the buffers.
Currently I use the full line of Zainos and it is just about as good as it gets. The big difference now is that I use the "Final Touch" spray after I wax it and it puts a shell on it that really makes it shine. I only use a foam pad and a really soft 100% cotton towel to take it off. The Zainos stuff is like no other that I have used.
Up close, you can see very small swirl marks or imperfections in ANY black paint job that isnt fresh out of the booth.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

I use 3m swirl mark remover when I polish cars after buffing and paint,use 3m foam pad,them wax with a good wax.I have been using a product called DRI-WASH for years on black or dark cars,you would not beleive the results,makes that car look BLACK with no streaks.
Dri Wash can be bought on ebay,they never sold it in stores.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think there is a wax called "Black wax" that is specially made for black paint. Do a search for it.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Registered

Not for swirl marks but I highly recommend a wax product called IBIZ.

Discovered it at the biggest corvette show in the world about 10 years ago. It has converted no less then 20 of my friends willing to fork out the $20/bottle. Just have to try it to believe. I have also tried Frenzy, IBIZ beats it in ALL catagories but one...I think Frenzy protects a little longer. In my experience, IBIZ is the easiest to apply/remove, shines better and evenly, the quantity goes much farther, and far less wax dust.

My freinds and I go in on a case about once a year now and I use it on everything, boat included.

You might be able to squeak a free sample from them if you ask. http://www.ibiz-inc.com/

I will only recommend their wax, their wash and wax isn't anything special, haven't tried the other products.

PS: I have also tried the Dry Wash as my best friend was a rep for a while about 10 years ago.

Just my opinion...... -Wally
Old 04-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

I have a Navy Corvette C5, I use Zaino Z5 three coats in the spring, and the Z6 gloss enhancer after washing (wipe on/wipe off) and it controls the swirls very well. Not sure about car wash swirls, thats almost a scratch
Old 04-18-2006, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Very surprising nobody agrees with 3M Imperial Hand Glaze.. Does anyone own a black car?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:40 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,890 Likes on 950 Posts

My 87 Saleen is black with the original paint and does not even have a clear coat. I have used Frenzy on it and it works well, but so far the best I have found is Zymol. Its 19 years old and shines better than new. It does only have 42k on it and is in the garage whenever its not being driven.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the tips. Anyone know of a GOOD detail shop in the Orlando area? I'd even drive down south if it was a big difference.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:23 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=masher44]The big difference now is that I use the "Final Touch" spray after I wax it and it puts a shell on it that really makes it shine.

I have my guys do the same after they've washed it --- they apply w/ microfiber towels ---- very, very little imperfections (other than the scratch my d@mn dog left on it the one time I didn't put the cover on!!!!!) .

Quick Reply: Waxing - Cars, Not boats - Remove swirl marks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.