Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Ford integrated brake controller >

Ford integrated brake controller

Notices

Ford integrated brake controller

Old 08-07-2006, 07:51 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ford integrated brake controller

We use the intergrated brake controller all of the time while pulling various trailers with electric over hydraulic. No problems.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:03 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

KYE,

I have a 2006 F250 I purchased in April and it has the new in dash brake controller. I installed the Carlisle brain box on my trailer (Manning tri-axle) and it works great (http://www.carlislebrake.com/spec_hb...er-module.html). I pull a 382 Fastech and it stops it perfectly. Cost was $80 and you wire it in to the four wires after the plug. Very easy follow their directions, I do recommend soldering the wires together as opposed to crimp connectors.

Good Luck,
JB

Last edited by J.B. Marshall; 08-07-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check the voltage @ the plug on the rear of the truck with the brake fully depressed, max gain. There were some early units that did not deliver full voltage...

I have towed extensively with the Tow Command system now (59k miles in two trucks) and love it over anything ele we have used. Intuitive, doesnt jerk the truck around, just a pleasure to use. Prodigy I just installed in a truck is pretty close to the performance, but a bit jerkier...
Old 08-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I installed the Hayes, Genesis unit and tried it out. First of all, the included wiring harness worked great. All I had to do was to unplug the harness from the ford controller and plug the other one in. The unit fit perfectly into the space next to the contoller after cutting the back. An honest 15 minute job. I took it out for a spin. The controllers felt similar. The only advantage was that the genesis seemed to supply more power at tip in. The dash had a TBC fault that would annoyingly appear til it was reset. I'm going to take a long trip with it and check. Put this one in the OSO bank. The Ford controller, if compatible with your trailer is as good as it gets.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:00 AM
Registered

have the built in ford controller in 05 f55o with electric over hydraulic ,works great except experience bad jerking action at very slow speed occasionally when coming to a stop or driving in stop and go traffic , any suggestions as to remedy, this has been a dangerous situation sometimes.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:32 AM
Registered

hydraulic system is brakerite anybody no the fix for this
Old 09-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are the brakes jerking, or is it a rough downshift in tow-haul mode? Found some water in my trany that was causing an intermittant rough 2 - 1 downshift.. Flushed the tranny and all is good...
Old 09-02-2006, 10:08 AM
Registered

no its not the truck definetely some problem with trailer or ford controller? brakes on trailer are fine and adjusted correctly
Old 09-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Registered

I had the same problem with my 5th wheel trailer. Turned out to be a slight amount of play in the neck of the trailer. So make sure you don't have a small amount of play anywhere in your hitch or trailer.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 AM
Registered

thanks ,im actually getting that fixed now, i had alot of play ,while your driving trailer would go back and forth like a pendulum , very annoying, did that cure your problem?

Quick Reply: Ford integrated brake controller

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.