Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size? >

just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?

Notices

just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?

Old 09-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?

Actually, First pick is a trail called Ultimate Adventure in Hot Springs.

Second is Little Blue at Grand Lake

Third is T.S.O.B. at Clayton.

Tha cage was custom built by Mikey at Sams Offroad and it was added on to the stock rear half of the cage. I used to be a member of Extreme 4-Wheelin but got sick of all the redneck politics and eventually got black balled because I cared about how my Jeep looked and didn't date family. Here are some better pics and thanks for the compliment.
Attached Thumbnails just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?-jeep1.jpg   just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?-jeep2.jpg   just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?-jeep3.jpg  

Last edited by Sea-Dated; 09-07-2006 at 12:29 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It is hard to go wrong with a TJ but I have a special place in my heart for the square headlights. My YJ is not a Sahara, it is actually a Rio Grande which is the Sahara package but with a 4 cylinder. That is why I swapped in a 305/700R4/231 with 36x13.50 IROCs. Now that is has cooled down in Tulsa I have started driving ot more often and am loving it. Here are some pics of the new fenders I put on. No more TJ flares.
Attached Thumbnails just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?-jeep4.jpg   just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?-jeep6.jpg   just bought a jeep wrangler tj, whats a good lift and tire size?-jeep5.jpg  

Old 09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tee4texas
very very nice - did you fab the fenders yourself? they look good
I have xenon flares on mine which cover good but I get quite a bit of rub on the rear at full compression (on the tub also)

did you do the conversion yourself? I can pull off most of the mechanical work but the harness for the FI concerns me a bit. I would like to keep the AC/all power and gauges working as is also.

Is your 305 FI or carb'd? I have considered putting something like a holley pro-jection on the SBC as I understand the install is a lot easier than the harness for a factory FI. I converted the BBD to a 38mm weber which helped stalls on inclines but I still get a lot of fuel slosh when bouncing on a climb or descent. Just a good fuel delivery system would work wonders but if I am going to spend a few $k on a 4.2/4.0 FI conversion, I might as well look at doing the v8 conversion IMO.
What radiator are you using?

Thanks and nice pics.
I have done a LT1 conversion on a 93 Blazer, the harness is not too bad. You could also take the harness from the LT1 and the jeep and send it off to a company and have them do it for you. Let me know if you want the company name and I can dig it up.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My 305 is TBI. I love it. Never stalls, even runs on it's side. I did the conversion with the help of a friend and he did all of the wiring. We used the painless kit and all of my gauges work except the tach. A 4 banger tach goes a little nuts when you hook it up to a V8. The fenders are from Poison Spyder and I love them. No more rubbing at all. I actually gained over 3" of clearance with them over the TJ flares. As far as the e-trans goes, that is why I went with the 700/R4. No electronics, 4 speed and a great first gear.