Notices

Am I the only stoodge?

Old 10-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only stoodge?

I drive 230 miles round trip everytime Im called out to work, almost every day. I work for a tugboat towing company assisting salt and fresh water ships in and out the the ports of the great lakes, I was wondering if I should keep racking up the miles on my f-350 psd or get a smaller vehicle. Wife says thats what the truck is built for, drive it, but all the miles bother me ,any other person drive this much for work? and if so would you drive your new truck? there is one positve side , I am on the water every day of my life
Old 10-24-2006, 05:31 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts
Default Re: Am I the only stoodge?

Two lines of thought: the first is that you're driving so much you should be in a POS (reliable pos) that doesn't matter how many miles you put on it, or the second is that you spend so much time in your vehicle that it should be enjoyable so get a nice one or continue to drive the truck. If money is no object, get a M3 and have fun, if it is...well that's your call. In the end I don't pity your predicament one bit considering your job

BTW...you're not the only stooge, I worked my way up the ladder to become one
Old 10-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

i commute 100 miles per day and wouldnt use my F250 PSD for that...i use her 1-2 times a week and save her for hauling the boat.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:00 PM
Registered

I drive a 100 miles everyday for work and I leave my F350 parked. I drive it on the weekend and for towing the boat. I have a 98 Plymouth Breeze (POS) that gets 30 plus miles per gallon ,that I use as a beater. If I were you I would buy a older Honda or Toyota and put the miles on it.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by orlando
I drive 230 miles round trip everytime Im called out to work, almost every day
Up until about a month ago I was driving about the same miles but each way 2 to 3 times a week for work. The only thing that I would like is a smaller vehicle to park in Seattle, Excursion is a pain for big city driving cause of parking......
Old 10-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I commute 100 miles a day I split it up among 4 cars
Old 10-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Registered

I rack up quite a few miles also and drive a duramax with a lift on it. I tried driving an econo box for a few days and it sucked. I enjoy riding high and wouldn't have it any other way. Keep rollin brother
Old 10-27-2006, 06:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,297 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
I commute 100 miles a day I split it up among 4 cars
yea Demos, the customer tacks the whack..
Old 10-27-2006, 07:33 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I drive 46 miles each way to work and out on sales calls through out the day, but I have a company truck/gas card so I dont care.............
My weekend and evening ride Tahoe is four years old this Xmas and I just flipped 30K...... It is a great perk....
Old 10-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by orlando
I drive 230 miles round trip everytime Im called out to work, almost every day. I work for a tugboat towing company assisting salt and fresh water ships in and out the the ports of the great lakes, I was wondering if I should keep racking up the miles on my f-350 psd or get a smaller vehicle. Wife says thats what the truck is built for, drive it, but all the miles bother me ,any other person drive this much for work? and if so would you drive your new truck? there is one positve side , I am on the water every day of my life
Look at getting a lightly used Saturn ION- try driving one- a stick and the mileage they get on hwy is around 35 plus.

If you can get by the small vehicle thing it will pay off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.