Notices

Manning Trailers

Old 11-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Manning Trailers

I have a 2000 steel manning trailer triple axle,surge brakes under my 38 powerquest. No problems.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I take it thats your boat in the pics on the site???........never seen a welded aluminum trailer like that........only "I" beams.......is it box section???........is it better than I beams???
Yes, it is my boat on the Manning website. As far as I know, only Myco and Manning build welded aluminum trailers and Manning has only done a handful. It uses c-channel for the main side beams and drive guard and box channel for all the cross members. I cannot speak for the I-beam trailers because I have never owned or used one, but I am very happy with the way my welded aluminum trailer looks and the way it works.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BGIII
I have disk surge on all three axles. I'm a truck whore, once in the spring to the marina and once in the fall back to storage so I went with surge so I could hook up to any truck and have working brakes. My brakes work great but I have found the that the way the reverse lock out works can be a real hassle in tight backing situations. The surge brakes work fine for my situation, but if I had a dedicated tow vehicle, I would probably choose to convert my surge coupler to an electric.
BGIII forgot to mention that we pulled his Saber-topped Manning trailer home from Muskegon this fall with my Freightliner. We didn't even feel it back there. We also smoked on by some poor sap in a Duramax pulling a 28 Maxum at about 85 mph. That put a grin on Bill's face.
His Manning pulls perfect and the disc brakes are a great add-on that really ought to be considered on any trailer.
I had Roland build a steel trailer for my 38 Cigarette. No problems, no gripes.
Attached Thumbnails Manning Trailers-truck-small.jpg  
Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 AM
Registered

steel manning under this 38 scarab. nice big 16' 8 lug wheels and tires, bow stop and winch basket are seperate....easier for loading/ unloading
Attached Thumbnails Manning Trailers-97-wellcraft-38-scarab-stbd-side.jpg  
Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered

tweakinit - did you move forward with this? How did you make out? I am in the same exact situation as you. Just ordered a new Sunsation Dominator SS and am thinking about using Manning. Spoken to Ron and he seems to be a nice guy. I worry as the SS has a unique bottom design and he welds his bunks - need to make sure he gets it right so Sunsation is happy with how she sits and to also avoid logistical nightmare since I will be contracting Manning. Any experience/suggestions you can add (or anyone else) would be great. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered

On the Heat,

I did go ahead with Manning. My formula is sitting ON :-) a new aluminum tri-axle now, and I will post some pics a soon as this nasty weather clears down here in Florida.

You are welcome to give me a call at 850-259-8300 and I can tell you about my experience with his trailers, and make a few suggestions for you if you are going to have him build one for you.

Jon

Last edited by tweakinit; 01-05-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BGIII
Yes, it is my boat on the Manning website. As far as I know, only Myco and Manning build welded aluminum trailers and Manning has only done a handful. It uses c-channel for the main side beams and drive guard and box channel for all the cross members. I cannot speak for the I-beam trailers because I have never owned or used one, but I am very happy with the way my welded aluminum trailer looks and the way it works.
Pacific Trailers on the west coast builds an all welded aluminum trailer using C-channel construction. Very well built trailer.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:05 PM
Registered

Have a 05m steel with surge brakes for my 419 pulled all thay to mackinaw with f350. Beatfiful trailer works as good as it looks. Buy another anytime. mark
Old 01-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tweakinit
On the Heat,

I did go ahead with Manning. My formula is sitting under a new aluminum tri-axle now, and I will post some pics a soon as this nasty weather clears down here in Florida.

You are welcome to give me a call at 850-259-8300 and I can tell you about my experience with his trailers, and make a few suggestions for you if you are going to have him build one for you.

Jon
Under it eh? This cant be good...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Registered

You could just build your own. I built mine to haul a 38 Fountain. I put electric brakes on it, 2 6ooo# axles and 8 lug alum. wheels
Attached Thumbnails Manning Trailers-trailer-pix-003.jpg   Manning Trailers-trailer-pix-004.jpg  

Quick Reply: Manning Trailers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.