Notices

Manning Trailers

Old 11-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manning Trailers

Hey guys,

I am having Manning Marine build a new all aluminum trailer for my Formula 336 SR1.

I was wondering if any of you had any experience with Roland Manning and his trailers. I looked at all the options for trailer manufacturers, and Manning seemed to fit the bill for quality and budget. It will be built specifically for the 336, with led lighting, 8lug mags on 7k lb torsions with surge disc brakes (I dip trailers in salt water 100% of the time), tool box, spare tire, ss hardware, and seperate bow stop and winch stand. Should I remember anything else? What kind of warranty should be included? Do you think he builds his trailers to last?

Thanks for the help,
Jon
Old 11-14-2006, 07:11 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Manning Trailers

Going just on looks cause I have never seen one in person they look to be built well. I would have made one change on the brakes go electric over hydraulic
Old 11-14-2006, 07:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is that the same Manning trailers from up Michigan way?
Old 11-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Is that the same Manning trailers from up Michigan way?
Yip, had a steel one under my 382. Solid trailer, pulled well. Good luck w/ your 336!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:45 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My Buddy has one under his 1999 35ft Fountain solid trailer sits nice and high compared to my old Myco.....BZ
Old 11-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure everything you expect is written out in plain English.
Make sure he measures your boat.
Make sure you tell him what you expect quality-wise.

With that being said, I am totally satisfied with my Manning welded aluminum trailer. I think it's appearance is better than any welded aluminum trailer that I have seen. It tows the boat excellent, loads easily and was a great value. Only time will tell how the welded aluminum holds up over the long haul but I do not expect any problems. If I were to do it all over again, there is no question in my mind that I would have Manning Marine build me a welded aluminum trailer.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Aggressor 25 just had one built for his new to him 32 Sunsation. He went the exact same route as BGIII. He is really happy with it, but the brakes stuck for a while when new.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:27 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the responses guys. Does anyone have some good pics of their new trailers? Mr. Manning and I have discussed, agreed on, and put in writing all the details on this thing. I like to make sure my wants are clearly on the table before commencing a projects like this.

BGIII- Manning has pics of your boat sitting on the trailer on his website manningmarine.com - Thats a great looking boat and the trailer looks very well built.

I was thinking about electric over hyd. but was concerned about the electronics getting junked up in this highly corrosive salt water we have down here in destin. BGIII, did you have the elec. over hyd?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have disk surge on all three axles. I'm a truck whore, once in the spring to the marina and once in the fall back to storage so I went with surge so I could hook up to any truck and have working brakes. My brakes work great but I have found the that the way the reverse lock out works can be a real hassle in tight backing situations. The surge brakes work fine for my situation, but if I had a dedicated tow vehicle, I would probably choose to convert my surge coupler to an electric.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:16 PM
Registered

i have a 2006 steel painted white for my fountain 35 ex.prior to that i had a myco painted white for a 31-0 sonic. no diffrence.except price.manning is a smaller company and you get a little more personal service.i have nothing bad to say about either comany.on any trailer the head tube which holds the v pad at the bow is adjustable make sure they put a whole in the side near the bottom for water to drain other wise it will fill with water and on steel it will rust and aluminum will corrode eventually. good luck

Quick Reply: Manning Trailers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.