Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Help With Utility Quad and Rhino >

Help With Utility Quad and Rhino

Notices

Help With Utility Quad and Rhino

Old 03-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since you already have an ATV, why not buy a nice used Jeep or something along those lines? You can do alot more with it as far as pulling/towing/etc., not to mention driving it on roadways legally.

If you have to buy an ATV, Polaris.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
Narrowed the quad purchase down to the Honda Rancher 420 and the Yamaha Big Bear 400. Any opinions on either. The Rancher is EFI, Big Bear is carb. Other than that, they look pretty much identical. Big Bear comes stock with ITP Mud Lites. Price is about the same. The Yamaha is a little cheaper and I can save a few more bucks if I buy the Rhino at the same time. Opinions?

Mike
I used to buy all Hondas but lately I have been buying all Yamahas. In the last 4 years I have bought: Yamaha outboard motor, Yamaha Waverunner & a Yamaha Grizzly 660. I have not had one issue with any of them. I will definitely be sticking with Yamaha's for now.

One of the most important factors is how you feel the service will be from your dealer. If something does go wrong you need someone that will be there for you.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 400 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike
Any opinions?

Mike
Why yes I have an opinion! I think your big a$$ is gay and your wife is way too hot for you!

You going to Sarasota?
Old 03-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered

Check out the richie bros auction, thats going to happen in houston, registration is on may 27, and the auction starts the 31st I believe. I saw at least 3 or 4 of those utility vehicles lined up to sell. www.rbauction.com
Old 03-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

I thought the Rhino was a true 4x4 in the "4wd lock" mode. We are also concidering one to replace a cheap 4x2 we bought at sams club a while back
Old 03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
I thought the Rhino was a true 4x4 in the "4wd lock" mode. We are also concidering one to replace a cheap 4x2 we bought at sams club a while back
They are. I have had ours in that mode a time or two with opposite wheels in the air doing some crawling of sorts. The two tires touching pulled like they were supposed to.

Based off the reading I've done and the way mine drives I am lead to believe that the rear end is locked in 2wd too. The front is open unless locked though.

Buck
Old 03-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36
Why yes I have an opinion! I think your big a$$ is gay and your wife is way too hot for you!

You going to Sarasota?
I'm pretty sure I am not gay but I agree that my wife is way too hot for me.

Mike
Old 03-23-2007, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
My rhino has a locked rear, can not be unlocked (sux for the lawn). Your only options are 2wd, then push a button to power open front diff . push another button and lock front diff.
I was plowing snow last week with it, 6' plow in low range, can't stop it.
My buddy just bought the new FI Ranger. The benefits are, its a 3 seater, you can enter from either side (the rhino has a console), the fuel inj. is great, turn the key and go, no choking.
The polaris is wider with wider tires, the rear is open, but can be locked by pushing a button. The polaris is noticably beefier too.
For around open areas and for work, the polaris. For flying around the trails, the rhino.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,097 Likes on 293 Posts

Ive driven a Rhino with the 660. It did aboput 45 on a frozen lake in 4WD still under breakin.
For the Quad go with the Suzuki King Quad
Old 03-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Registered

After looking at atv's all weekend, I have decided to buy the Rhino 660 in camo and keep my YFZ 450 a little while longer. Here is what I learned:

1) Most feel that Artic Cat is junk and Polaris is only a step or two behind. Seems to be a love/hate relationship with Polaris.

2) Kawasaki Mule is the budget king and is a very reliable vehicle.

3) Kubota RTV is best for heavy work especially in diesel flavor.

4) Rhino 450 - I'm not really sure why they even make one.

5) Rhino 660 - Most popular for hopping up and seems to have best performance out of the box, so far.

6) Used side by sides are nowhere to be found.

7) They are all overpriced.

Mike

Quick Reply: Help With Utility Quad and Rhino

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.