Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anyone running a Freightliner Sportchassis? >

Anyone running a Freightliner Sportchassis?

Notices

Anyone running a Freightliner Sportchassis?

Old 07-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ctconsulting
I have an 07 FL that I am pulling my 46 Cig with. Its pulled from Indiana to Florida and back twice already, the Pickwick races, Michigan, Dale Hollow twice, and getting ready for LOTO. I even use it for recreational activities without the boat such as tailgating at the Colts games and weekend trips. I have had zero issues and it doesn't even feel like the boat is back there. The comfort and amenities are unbelievable. I pulled it with an F350 prior. Mine has the 330 hp Mercedes and I cannot recommend it enough.

PM me if you want more info.
Ron
I'd love to ask you a few more questions. Please email me or call me when you have a chance.

Thank you,
Michael
602-885-8555
[email protected]
Old 07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Magic the conversion company is only 2 hrs from me here in OK, there is a dealer here as well sooner trailer sales of okc that has a lot on the lot this is horse country and a lot of these out here. My paint guy does most of the custom painted ones direct for sportchassis and the dealership as well. If you need any info or anything like that from them, let me know. They also offer a 4x4 edition now as well that is not shown on the out of date website there. goto www.mrpaint.net to see some custom painted ones. another option for a quarter the cost would be a volvo 660 with auto rv converted
Old 07-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

What is service like on the MB motor? I will put less than 8000 miles/year on it. Likely around 5000 each year.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

How much are these rigs?
Old 07-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chuck
How much are these rigs?
New, loaded, around $120-$125k
Old 07-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

Gosh, if you want a network for an engine it would seem prudent to offer the best and best selling diesel engine on the market. Detroit series 60 I would think, would smoke MB and CAT combined. Why don't they offer them?
Old 07-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Used a friends to pull the Cafe from Miami to Oklahoma and it was a dream. The ride was great, they are very easy to drive and you did not even know the boat was back there. I am trying to talk the wife into one know but it probably won't happen.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone running a Freightliner Sportchassis?-1991-cafe-racer-037.jpg   Anyone running a Freightliner Sportchassis?-1991-cafe-racer-046.jpg  
Old 07-12-2007, 08:34 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

the Freightliner / MB engine package is the MacDaddy sh1t, anything else is an imposter..
Old 07-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I do not own one but have been looking very hard at them. I live just three miles from Trailers of the East Coast and we have driven a few and LOVE them.

They had an F650 there a year ago that was traded in on a SportChassis and it only had 25K miles. I drove it as a comparison and there is no comparision in my opinion.

The SportChassis is definately worth the extra money and I understand why they can charge more after driving one. They ride and drive much better. I think it rides better then my F350 does, it will turn on a dime, the interior options are off the charts and even with the tow bed they have a huge amount of storage.

I always liked the Cat engines, but everything they are getting now has the Mercedes and I assume it is as good. Just not sure about the dealer network, service and parts like Cat.

I'm having a hard time spending that much money but as the 1tons keep going up they look better and better. I look at it as the last truck I will ever need!

Resale has to be very good because you cannot find a used one.

Good luck
I have had a P2 since late last year w/ MB330 and I love it. I drive it in town everyday. I have had it on several trips over 500 miles and a few over 1000 and I still wouldn't want anything else. In town and on the road it is excellent. I went to the factory (since it's just 2.5 hrs away) for delivery and I now know why they costs more than their competition. I had the dropdown screen give me issues and they sent me a new one the same day I called. PM me if you want any more info.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone running a Freightliner Sportchassis?-p00114_front_34.jpg  
Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Registered

Who finances these things? I really would like to keep some money in the account instead of paying cash for one.

Thanks!

Essex told me they wont finance the trucks.

Quick Reply: Anyone running a Freightliner Sportchassis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.