Notices

how much to ship a truck

Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default how much to ship a truck

I see some nice old style Suburbans on ebay......some from Florida, some from Cali.......how would shipping work to Toronto Ontario......I have no idea
Old 09-13-2007, 01:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought a work truck on Ebay in Virginia. I was going to fly out and get it- have the dealer pick me up at the airport and then drive it home. Probably would have been a 16-hour day if things went well (8hr drive). The dealer hooked me up with a driver. They delivered it to my door in Ohio and I had their driver dropped off at the grayhound bus station. $550 incuded their fuel & insurance. It was about $0.90 per mile. The plane ticket, diesel and lunch would have cost me that much. Not to mention the hassle of either getting a ride to the airport or retrieving my car.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own TFX International and that is my business.

Call me and you will get a special OSO price in return for a ride in the Fountain or somehting

416-243-8531 X 8

or see my website www.tfxinternational.com
Old 09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ar15meister
I own TFX International and that is my business.
It seems like I see more and more enlosed car haulers on the road every day. I'm surprised there is that much demand for enclosed transport. Are you guys staying busy? I talked to a long time owner/operator from Reliable not too long ago. He said the cutbacks at the Big 3 had cut their rates a bit, as of late. How are you guys doing?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Not to mention the hassle of either getting a ride to the airport or retrieving my car.
AAA unlimited towing baby! Tell them to pick it up at the airport and drop it off at the house. One tow and it pays for itself for the year.

Works good for when you get too drunk at the bar/marina and don't have a DD too! But the one time I did need them from the marina I was actually broke down, probably better off tho since neither me or my gf were in any condition to drive.