Notices

Lingenfelter Performance

Old 10-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lingenfelter Performance

Anybody out there have any feedback on LPE? I just bought a new (08) Z-06 on the east coast and I'm debating on having the car make a little 'pitstop' at LPE in Indiana for a few upgrades before it gets to me,,,,any info would be appreciated
Old 10-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Registered

I used to have an '04 Z06. Spent a lot of time on the forums and I heard mostly very good things about Lingenfelter. The biggest drawback of most of there stuff is the $$$. I know that they do quality work, but I'm unfamiliar with what they offer for the new Z. How about a twin turbo setup? That should take your Z from ridiculously fast to insanely fast. Ha ha...

Congrats on the car. I loved the '04 and I can only imagine how much more of a monster the '06+ is.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:45 AM
Registered

I'm looking at the 630hp pkg. The T-turbo is a death-wish for me. They want 11k installed for the 630hp package, 0-120mph in 10.5 seconds,,
Old 10-13-2007, 07:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I can't remember which one it is.... but I read through a magazine yesterday (on the shelf right now) that has a new Z06 with an LPE engine running against a Viper. They had it "price as tested" as 90K with 650HP. I think you could put a Magneesun (sp?) supercharger, and some pipes on it for a lot less and be right at that same power.

Check out www.CorvetteForum.com there tons of threads about such a topic and there are several Corvette tuners that advertise.
Old 10-13-2007, 07:46 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

why don't you drive it for a little while, do some basic mod's and see from there?? it's amazing what some some short dollars can do here, and you'll probably be happy with just that.

my .02

JH
Old 10-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by texaschopper
I can't remember which one it is.... but I read through a magazine yesterday (on the shelf right now) that has a new Z06 with an LPE engine running against a Viper. They had it "price as tested" as 90K with 650HP. I think you could put a Magneesun (sp?) supercharger, and some pipes on it for a lot less and be right at that same power.

Check out www.CorvetteForum.com there tons of threads about such a topic and there are several Corvette tuners that advertise.
Thats the article (Automobile Nov.) that started the itch for me, the 90k included 7k in Brembo brakes and 2k in Michelins which I wont get, the Magnussen blower with 11.1 comp. ?? I dont know,,, The Z06's on the west coast (new) are still bringing sticker + especially in the color I bought, Jetstream Blue while they discounted this one 5k on the east coast and I buried the tax. I could probably find a local tuner for less $$$ and do it in stages but I thought since the car is going to be shipped through Indiana already,,,,
Old 10-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Save yourself alot of money find a reputable shop and let them add the supercharger and other items. In Oklahoma we have a very good dyno shop guy owner touches all the cars himself with his 1hand to help. He is slow but the cars are spotless whe he works on them.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 938 Likes on 505 Posts

John Lingenfelter(the shop's founder) died last year after being in a coma for almost a year. He was in a car wreck and hung on but never really survived the wreck. I don't know who owns/operates the shop now.

You may want to research the brake/tire issues. They upgrade them for a reason and Don Sherman (longtime Car and Driver writer) was killed in Renntech Mercedes after a high speed tire blow out.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Lingenfelter actually passed away several years ago (like 2003) as a result of crashing a sport compact....anyway a local tuner may save you some money, however when it comes time to sell the car down the road, LPE is [still] a very well respected company amongst the corvette crowd...something to consider. I figured 90K was for a tad more then simply the engine work. I did not read the article, but noticed a track bar in one of the pics..... but 11K for just the motor is not too bad coming from them. Mallett Corvette would set you back 20-25K easy. Also LPE might (???) be endorsed in some way by GM therefore you will not have any warranty issues. Again checkout the Corvette Forum, you will receive answers to any questions.

Last edited by texaschopper; 10-13-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Registered

I believe the LPE name in itself would help resale value versus a local tuner, that being said, Indiana is a long way from Phoenix if there any issues, I am told LPE was sold recently by John's wife/widow if that means anything

Quick Reply: Lingenfelter Performance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.