Notices

Fifth Wheel Transport

Old 11-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fifth Wheel Transport

I am looking for a transport company to move a Fifth Wheel Camper from Indiana (Plainfield) to Virginia (Richmond)
Sometime with in the week.
James
804-539-3114
Old 11-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Registered

There are several company's HQed in Northern IN that deliver trailers from the factory to the dealers. a lot of retired guys with thier own dually's do this to cover their expenses while seeing the country. Horizon is one of them, but a little Internet search would uncover the rest.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Registered

Yes, I did Mark just got home. Thanks for the offer but found a web-site (U-SHIP) was great. Put it on a bulletin board and had transporters bid on the job. Don't know how this guy makes a living at his prices but will use him again.

It is 700 miles one way and he is doing it for $775.00. He will have me the camper on Wed. WOW what better service!!!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Be careful. Uship is loaded with non insured transporters without DOT authorization. They bid low because they have no overhead. Read the forums on Uship and check out all the fraud, items picked up but never delivered, illegal transporters trying to bypass the weigh stations and getting pulled over by the DOT officers in pull cars. That can be expensive for you to get out of. Just make sure the hauler has DOT and MC numbers and ask for a certificate of insurance from his agent.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the legality of U ship. most of them have no commercial cargo insurance and live out of there pick up. Also make sure thaey have an I.C.C. cert from the government in there company name. This is why they can run cheap.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Registered

I did alot of research on the transporter, he was not the lowest but had the best reference and 100k insurance, certified. I had some low balls of $500, just knew something was wrong. I hope all goes well, I think he is picking something up in VA somewhere and did not want to run to the east coast empty.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered

Mark, you should check with the Venture factory down in Baltimore. I used to solicit dealers up this way to deliver stacks of alum. trailers up into SE PA, Delaware.

Easy, light and local.

Real busy this time of year huh? We are dying here, I'm banging out an average of just over 1 a week.........
Old 11-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Registered

5301 North Point Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21219

I had to go directly to the factory to get my new one this summer, the dealer I bought it from got hit by a drunk driver the night before and had no truck (was supposed to deliver it right to my house).

Anyway, they pump them out, there were HUNDREDS of them stacked up ready to ship when I was there (August).
Old 11-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark

2007 as of 11/24 we already have 1115- crazy!!!!
Schew, you guys are on fire.

1115/52 weeks= 21.5 per week???? I may categorize you and your Boss as RICH at this point!
Old 11-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Registered

Congratulations. I'm wishing I was in your market at this point.

Drive by? Whats that? (Just kidding). I haven't done a 704 in years, only get the 2055 ext. onlys once in a blue moon.
Anyway, I hope things pick up in the spring. At least will get the re-fis from people that maxxed out the Credit Cards on Christmas.

Quick Reply: Fifth Wheel Transport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.