Notices

Any Dodge Dealers ?

Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any Dodge Dealers ?

Hey's I am looking to buy one of the new '08 Dodge Challengers . Heard today is the first day to place your order. Thought I would check here first .
Thanks !
JM
Old 12-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Hey's I am looking to buy one of the new '08 Dodge Challengers . Heard today is the first day to place your order. Thought I would check here first .
Thanks !
JM
Is that the new Challenger SRT/8? I heard that was the first one available and then the balance of the Challenger line will come out. It is a super sharp retro looking car. I needed a 4 door and bought a Charger RT/Hemi with all of the goodies. I looked at the Charger SRT/8, with over 400hp, but couldn't justify it as a daily driver. I like the multiple displacement engine that shuts down 4 cylinders when you stay out of the throttle to give it decent gas mileage. Dodge is producing some excellent cars and trucks.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Registered

We started placing orders yesterday. So far we have three in the bank. We're selling them at Sticker, $1000 deposit gets you an order. There is only 3 available options, GPS, Perf Tires & Sunroof. 3 Colors, Black, Silver & Hemi Orange. Build is April 8th, supposedly 8000 units.

The non SRT8 Challengers will be out next fall.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:45 PM
BRD
Registered

Originally Posted by Break-Up
We started placing orders yesterday. So far we have three in the bank. We're selling them at Sticker, $1000 deposit gets you an order. There is only 3 available options, GPS, Perf Tires & Sunroof. 3 Colors, Black, Silver & Hemi Orange. Build is April 8th, supposedly 8000 units.

The non SRT8 Challengers will be out next fall.
Where are you located ?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Registered

Cedar Rapids, IA, dealership is Cedar Rapids Dodge.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:31 PM
BRD
Registered

How many can your shop sell ? I was under the impression each dealership only got one of the SRT8's ???

Thanks !

JM
Old 12-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Registered

We don't have a fixed number for sold orders. Get your order in and if it gets picked up, you're good. If it doesn't you get your deposit back. I can't guarantee & no dealer can, that your order will get picked up.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:33 PM
BRD
Registered

Hey Break-up ... can you scan and post a pic from the new "dealer brochure" that shows all 3 colors lined up ... black, orange and silver all in a row ?
Thanks if you can !
JM
Old 12-10-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

If your dealership is going to sticker price them, you will not have many sitting around. My dealer here already is screaming $20,000 dealer mark-ups......I love the challenger, but even with the srt8 powerplant, its not worth the almost $60K price out the door. Thats one reason I got tired of waiting for it to hit and went with the 2008 mustang gt, all sorts of mods already available, just pick up the phone and order them. There really isn't much aftermarket for the hemi, the 5.7 or the 6.1 hemi. Every one that has tried forced induction with them has ruined an engine. K. Bell dropped his S/Cer kit, STS will sell you a tuner kit only, GSM has a charger but its not doing well either.......just no good way of tuning them period.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mercury_Challenger
If your dealership is going to sticker price them, you will not have many sitting around. My dealer here already is screaming $20,000 dealer mark-ups......I love the challenger, but even with the srt8 powerplant, its not worth the almost $60K price out the door. Thats one reason I got tired of waiting for it to hit and went with the 2008 mustang gt, all sorts of mods already available, just pick up the phone and order them. There really isn't much aftermarket for the hemi, the 5.7 or the 6.1 hemi. Every one that has tried forced induction with them has ruined an engine. K. Bell dropped his S/Cer kit, STS will sell you a tuner kit only, GSM has a charger but its not doing well either.......just no good way of tuning them period.
We have a guy with ported and polished heads, different mass air flow and a few other generic mods to the SRT-8 Magnum. It is just sick now what it will do. Youd think there was a blown 540 under the hood.

Quick Reply: Any Dodge Dealers ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.