Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
6.0 Powerstroke and cold weather >

6.0 Powerstroke and cold weather

Notices

6.0 Powerstroke and cold weather

Old 01-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help guys. I was thinking the same as you on new batts Chris Sunkin (not gonna buy from Ford) they will be proud of them on the price. Was plugged in all night, went out this morning (11 degrees) fired up quickly. I hope it is just the batts... Someone mentioned the glow plug harness issue on the passenger side (getting worn thru due to rubbing manifold), that was addressed a long time ago on a recall on my truck...
Old 01-03-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baja bailey
Thanks for the help guys. I was thinking the same as you on new batts Chris Sunkin (not gonna buy from Ford) they will be proud of them on the price. Was plugged in all night, went out this morning (11 degrees) fired up quickly. I hope it is just the batts... Someone mentioned the glow plug harness issue on the passenger side (getting worn thru due to rubbing manifold), that was addressed a long time ago on a recall on my truck...
They did have a campaign but there was no change to the harness- it was a warranty replacement, they didn't address the issue. It may be bad again.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Registered

Running like crap for more than a few seconds on the 6.0 is usually 1-2 injectors that are at 0% for cold start. When the engine is warm they will come back. It could also be a programming issue. Have Ford plug in and see what the injectors are doing when it's cold. If they have an issue sometimes flashing the computer will fix it. Napa has a 135amp lifetime warranty alternater for $180. If the you find the batteries are getting low again you will need it.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered

I am about due for a oil change, gonna try to wait a few more days and have them check it out while its there, the temps here are going to be 40 to 50 highs and 40 + lows for the next week. It runs fine once it starts no matter how cold, no missing or rough idle. Thanks again for the help...