Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower? >

anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower?

Notices

anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by bluellama
That's why you buy a John Deere from the dealer, less than an hour to change over spring and fall.
the changeover is something I never even thought of........Ill have to look out for that......good tip

ps......you dont need to tell us the Leafs suck......they have sucked for so long it goes without saying
Old 02-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedDog382
20 hp Simplicity with a 42" snothrower on the front. I use chains and 50# weight in each rear wheel. I do my home, my rental drive, all the neighbors walks and approaches too. Traction isn't a problem unless trying to get up a grade, then it will tear up the asphalt or sealcoat.
I have a small hill......do you guys have single or 2 stage blowers???
Old 02-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My JD is a single stage, with a hydrostatic transmission you shouldn't need a 2 stage blower, the PTO on the single stage spins fast enough to really fire the snow, and since it is f@#%ing snowing again today, I'll take a pic for you this afternooon....
Old 02-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Good gawd Doug, just buy the wife a new snow shovel!

Nothing sexier than watching a woman bent over shoveling snow from your LazyBoy with a brew in hand. If your a thoughtful hubby, you'll have a cold one waiting for her when she gets done!

Tip from Uncle Jer

Used to have a Ford tractor with hyd. drive. I'd go that route over one with a gear box. Seen a few with bust gears from pushing snow.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 02-07-2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: can't spel worth chit
Old 02-08-2008, 02:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain

Nothing sexier than watching a woman bent over shoveling snow from your LazyBoy with a brew in hand. If your a thoughtful hubby, you'll have a cold one waiting for her when she gets done!

Tip from Uncle Jer

LMAO
Old 02-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain

Tip from Uncle Jer
heheyeah!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a whipple charged Kabota!!! Get one 4-wheel drive and a front bucket and you will be amazed at all the projects you will find to do.
Attached Thumbnails anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower?-shop-stpat-025.jpg  
Old 02-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I have an older VERY heavy Craftsman w/ an 18hp. It has 50 lb. weights on each rear wheel plus chains- 48" dual-stage blower. My driveway is 385' all on incline, and it does fine downhill but chewed the crap out of the ashpalt going uphill especially in deep snow and when making turns.
I don't use it anymore- opted for a new walk-behind two-stage 32" with power steering in the grips- squeeze left it turns left, squeeze right it turns right. I cleared 16" of fresh snow with it the other night. It has no chains or weights and doesn't need them. It runso on soft rubber-compound knobby tires. Overall, it outperforms the tractor 10 to 1.
The tractor would be great if the drive was level- I wouldn't recommend a tractor-mounted blower to anyone who has any kind of incline and wants to keep their asphalt in good shape.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Plow trucks work much better! That is unless a 3 foot storm is the norm.

I think it may be cheaper for you to have someone plow the lot, or buy a cheap truck/plow set up. You can usually find some 80's chevys in running condition for 1-3k with plow.

Snow blowers are slow, and if you have heavy snow they do not work well. They do come into their zone with deeper snow. Other wise, I'll have a 300 foot drive plowed in 5 minutes and 4 passes up to 6 inches, then 10 mins for 12 inches.

Just something to think about.