Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower? >

anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower?

Notices

anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower?

Old 02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Default anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower?

the new driveway in front of the shop is huge ....park 10 cars easy......my walk behind s blower is a POS, just.....old.....I need a riding lawnmower anyway so I thought I could kill 2 birds with a new ride on with a blower on the front.......Im talking like the 18 - 20hp type.......anyone have one??......I heard they dont get enough traction, they need chains which chew up the ashphalt etc.......any speirences??
Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a JD 345 with a 48 inch snow thrower. I have chains on it, no weights, and it works great. It's light enough that the chains don't harm the asphalt, but it has lots of traction.
The storm we got last Friday night, (I think it hit you Thursday) dumped over a foot of snow on the ground, after I cleaned my driveway, I drove it down our unplowed street to my neighbour's and it had lots of traction in over a foot of snow, all I had to do was throw the blower on every now and then to clear the snow it was scooping up...
Old 02-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Registered

my father in law has one...i think he has chains on it for the snow blowing. If you want me to ask him about his i can, just let me know, he is New Hampshire. I think he only uses it around the house, he has a bigger tractor for his shop, and just uses the bucket there.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I had a 20-22HP Craftsman. I was going to get a snow blower but I heard it was a PITA to take on/off- had to remove the whole mower deck, etc.

Get a heated driveway instead...
That's why you buy a John Deere from the dealer, less than an hour to change over spring and fall.

I didn't know you could heat a dirt road......
Old 02-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20 hp Simplicity with a 42" snothrower on the front. I use chains and 50# weight in each rear wheel. I do my home, my rental drive, all the neighbors walks and approaches too. Traction isn't a problem unless trying to get up a grade, then it will tear up the asphalt or sealcoat. Just takes a little finess on the hydrostatic control to avoid this on flat surfaces.
Old 02-06-2008, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RedDog382
20 hp Simplicity with a 42" snothrower on the front. I use chains and 50# weight in each rear wheel. I do my home, my rental drive, all the neighbors walks and approaches too. Traction isn't a problem unless trying to get up a grade, then it will tear up the asphalt or sealcoat. Just takes a little finess on the hydrostatic control to avoid this on flat surfaces.

You won't be needing that in Vegas!

When you getting out here Chris?
Old 02-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
You won't be needing that in Vegas!

When you getting out here Chris?
Pulling out on 2/25. Sould be out there on the 27th or 28th. My Tahoe is already out there in Bob's warehouse. Wanna help unload the truck?

Might pick up my little brother (6'1" 230#) on my way through Kansas to hang out for a few days out there.

Look forward to catching up with you guys!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered

Cool!

Bob's got quite the warehouse! And a pretty impressive boat collection!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Cool!

Bob's got quite the warehouse! And a pretty impressive boat collection!
I take it you two connected then? Does that get me my first credit for networking in Vegas ...?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RedDog382
I take it you two connected then? Does that get me my first credit for networking in Vegas ...?
Yup. Checked out the shop and his operation. Pretty impressive. Was working on a job for him but now no longer with the granite company! Back in the roofing industry.

But I'll still give you credit. Especially if he bring out one of his bad azz boats and gives me a ride!

Quick Reply: anyone have a garden tractor with snowblower?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.