Notices

Mack Semi for towing boat

Old 03-04-2008, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BUIZILLA
I had a friend of mine do this...

he took the rear axle and moved it to the front position, threw away the front axle, shortened the frame accordingly and then made his own hitch, came out pretty good..... oh yeah, and he got rid of half the leaf's on the axle for a better ride... if you want a better ride, get rid of the front tandem axle, and make a direct driveshaft extension to the rear axle, and leave the frame alone. Trick setup today is to use the new Michelin super single rear tire on a super single Accuride alum rim. You can also throw away half the front springs as well...

JH
I cant chop this rig up since it works daily for me. Plus it has air ride suspension, so removing leafs is not an option, as it has single leafs out back. But your idea in theory sounds good, although I think it would be easier to just buy a tractor with a single axle out back, air ride, and have fun!
Old 03-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better to have tandems in the back with a big boat coming out of a steep ramp.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by satisfied1
Here is one of ours with the 35 ex behind us. We have never had a problem pulling the boat out of a ramp just go slow and drop air bags.
And Satisfieds truck pulls toterhomes with 40 foot boats with all three axles on the ground out of ditches very well too. And no I didn't!!! The drive way caved in right over the culvert... I had been in and out the drive many times before the drive ay caved in....