Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project >

my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Notices

my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Old 08-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
I just fixed a customers Ferrari 456GT that had a bad alternator, Ferrari wanted $700 for one, found the exact same alt for $130 for a John Deer tractor. it was the same down to every detail and amperage.
glad to see you making headway. I finally got my '74 Cee Bee jet boat done and went old school with aluminum Mickey Thompson valve covers. that thing should fly with that motor.
700 bucks wow!....that exact type of thing adds to my distain for exotics and is one reason Im building this "Redneck Lamborghini"
Old 08-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 926 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
700 bucks wow!....that exact type of thing adds to my distain for exotics and is one reason Im building this "Redneck Lamborghini"
no kidding, the oil filters (it uses 2) are over $30 each and they are only availible from a Ferrari dealer. I tried everything to cross it but they exclusive to Ferrari. nothing like spending $150 to change the oil.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

Got engine in may have to dimple the right side header just a bit. Oil pan hags down 1/4 to 3/8" below engine cross member. David and I have been discussing a skid plate for under there so that would take care of that. Many Cup teams do this today. Hood lays right down flat on top of the carbon fiber air cleaner so no hood modifications required! Whew! Even though the headers are custom there is no real guarantee of fitment. All in all Im very pleased Ive been sweating this stuff for a couple of months, especially the hood.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Registered

Fitting the exhaust system. Looks like I will have to clearance the front edge of the mufflers to tuck it up the way I want it. The Monte Carlo body flared out below the window then went straight down. The Chevelle body bows back in towards the bottom so I'll have to cut off the ends of the tailpipes so they wont stick out.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Registered

not really street legal, ok not even close, but still pretty cool old ride. I am getting it ready for the Moonshine Festival in a few weeks. the body is a real, all steel, 40 chevy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508607[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508608[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508609[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project-img_0077.jpg   my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project-img_0078.jpg   my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project-img_0079.jpg  

Old 09-26-2013, 11:22 PM
Registered

Very cool, Id like to go to that event....so would that be called a Vintage Dirt Modified?
Old 09-27-2013, 08:44 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

Fitting the exhaust system. Looks like I will have to clearance the front edge of the mufflers to tuck it up the way I want it. The Monte Carlo body flared out below the window then went straight down. The Chevelle body bows back in towards the bottom so I'll have to cut off the ends of the tailpipes so they wont stick out.
pmt, this ride is just looking ridiculous the closer you get to completion. I can't wait to see it. There is a massive Rat Rod show coming up in Virginia next month, and I can't wait to attend, I almost made an offer to a guy on this '34 Ford on a former Jr. Johnson roundy-round chassis a couple weeks ago, but I can't fit in the car at 6'2".
[ATTACH=CONFIG]508628[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]508629[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project-photo-3.jpg   my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project-r8660_2_final.jpg  
Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Wow how cool is THAT! Love it!....Thanks for the props on the car Brian its a slow process but its not like restoring a car back to bone stock where you know exactly where you got to go. Theres a huge decision making process on every single move I make on the car. Im constantly battling between a period correct look as a 70s short track stock car, requirements for a street car, safety requirements for a fast road race track day car and I dont want to rule out a SCCA GT2/3 race car. The track day and SCCA stuff is mostly safety oriented requirements.

Some buddies run trucks n GT2/3 heres one of them. He could have ran in the back of the field at the recent Nascar Camping World Truck Series road race at our local track Mosport Park with the times he can turn. Those guys are all determined Im going to get out and battle with them.lol

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 09-27-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered

Very cool, Id like to go to that event....so would that be called a Vintage Dirt Modified?
very good. yes it is a vintage dirt car. they only race it once or twice a year and then take it to shows from timt to time.

here is the moonshine festival

http://www.kareforkids.us/festival.html

lots of pics but if you go thru them there are usually around 400 cars. the ones in downtown are all 50's and older and race or moonshine runners.

http://www.discoverdawson.com/photos...festival12.asp

the parade; watch the video and you will be out working on your chevelle all night. great motivation. btw these are all real racers from back in the day.

http://www.discoverdawson.com/photos...neparade12.asp

photos and video of the fun run.

http://www.discoverdawson.com/photos/moonshinerun12.asp

as you can tell we dont much believe in trailer queens around here.

come on down and join in.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 941 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
no kidding, the oil filters (it uses 2) are over $30 each and they are only availible from a Ferrari dealer. I tried everything to cross it but they exclusive to Ferrari. nothing like spending $150 to change the oil.

Mercedes will get you for $150 oil changes if your car is a 12 cyl or has the AMG badge.....

$150 oil changes, $700 alternators actually sound cheap for a Ferrari dealer!

Quick Reply: my "Winston Cup" 69 chevelle project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.