Notices

Trailer Tires?

Old 05-07-2008, 06:47 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've used Bridgestone tires on alot of vehicles with good results. I tried them on my Excursion- the AT Revo. It was downright dangerous to drive on the highway- it wandered so bad I couldn't keep it in a lane.

It's hard to argue with Myco on the LT tire. At the same time, they make trailer tires for a reason- and all the tire manufacturers make trailer tires. They're more expensive than standard truck tires- maybe it's just a way to get more $$ out of the same tire?
Old 05-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does Michelin have any good trailer tires?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 550 Posts

I've been replacing my off brand LT tires with Firestone Trans-Force LT E-rated tires, and I am quite happy with them. This is what is coming on a lot of Mycos, and they came recommended by OutlawMark who owns www.lightning-motorsports.com
Old 05-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Registered

I have heard some good things about Denman.
http://www.denmantire.com/catalog.php

Fin
Old 05-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
ST is "special trailer". They have a much stiffer sidewall. LT is "light truck".
You can get ST tires upto 15". Last time I checked, ST tires were not available in 16".
Old 05-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,260 Likes on 550 Posts

I just checked. Denmantire has a 16" 10 ply trailer tire. Looks stout.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Here is what Myco put on my trailer.
Goodyear Trailer Tire, LT235-85R-16, Radial Load Range-E
I have the same tires listed above and could not be happier.

We got 44,000 miles without a single flat tire out of the first set on the original trailer. This is outstanding considering that I have towed with friends that have a flat every trip.

Keep the PSI right, don't drag them along a curb and don't jack knife them anymore then you have to and they will serve you well.

When we noticed the first one start to seperate at 44,000 miles I caught it before it blew and changed all of them at that time to be safe. They looked great and had lots of tread left but I have always heard that when they get around 40k miles they will seperate.

If anyone wants them I have two BRAND NEW wheels and tires that are less then one year old for the Myco that have never been mounted on the trailer or run. These are the older style wheels with the round holes in the rims. The tires are mounted on the rims and balanced but are brand new.

I will sell both complete for $300.00.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Registered

I use these coopers. They do make a trailer tire too. The load rating is more on these and thats what came on my trailer oem. I have a double axel under my scarab around 6000# boat. The 8.75 16.5 is rated @ 2680#. They are available from 14 - 16.5s
http://www.coopertire.com/html/produ...r_road_service

http://www.coopertire.com/html/produ...e=S&sorttype=T

Last edited by hunster; 05-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a almost new Firestone trialer tire explode with a total sidewall seperation. No other signs of trama. I purchased a replacement on the trip from a Firestone dealer. He told me to get credit I had to take the tire to an actual company owned Firestone store.

They looked and said what happeneed to that? What was this on? Did you have an accidnet? Any damage to the vehicle? Sir, we will turn this in and get back to you. Thanks for bringing it back.

After a series of phone calls they said "What tire?, Sorry sir we do not know what you re talking about".

Screw Firestone and Bridgestone. Owned by the Japanese since the 1970's.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by synack
Does Michelin have any good trailer tires?
Not sure if they make a trailer tire or not, I am sure someone will chime in on this. I use only Michelin on my vehicles and love them..

Quick Reply: Trailer Tires?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.