Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Looking for anyone who has blown-up a Duramax >

Looking for anyone who has blown-up a Duramax

Notices

Looking for anyone who has blown-up a Duramax

Old 06-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the calibration ID in the PCM?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Tote-N-One
What about the calibration ID in the PCM?
I offered that to them before. I told them to check anything they want, even send the computer out. I don't think they did. They didn't have any proof at the hearing when we asked for it. The GM rep didn't seem to have much automotive knowledge at all. His answer to everything was: I am refering to the power-adder bulletin.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:06 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by nsfkip
I just Purchased a 2006 so this is not what I want to hear! I am glad to see that you are going the distance, Don't let them wear you down! Most people would have given up by now and that is what they are counting on!
Never lay down and take their Sh*t.

Mike.

P.S. This is the best thread I have ever read.
I keep checking on this daily to see the progress!
Good Job!

I appreciate the good word. What I'm am doing here is for all of us. It is time to set a precedent for the unjustly way we all have been treated when it comes to our warranty coverage. The manufactures are so quick to take your 50k-60k when you purchase a truck and soon as there is a problem they wash their hands of you.
I am not giving up and walking away! I know some people are probably tired of hearing about what I am going through but they need to realize this can help all of us in the end.
I have been posting this like a diary to keep everyone updated as to what you have to look foward to if you run into this problem.
I am lucky to be able to fight the fight! I also appreciate this and the other sites for letting me keep this up on the boards. If General Motors doesn't take me serious, I am prepared to take this all the way up the ladder and turn this into a massive recall. I already have all the information of who and where I need to speak with to get the ball rolling. I have enough proof already to open alot of eyes. With my connections and background in the automotive industry, it will be very easy for me. Lets just see what they have to say.

Last edited by Speedpro1; 06-30-2008 at 04:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 3500_duramax
so what's the word? any news yet

Ok, off to the courts we go! We got the letter of denial today. This is the quote from the arbitraitor:
First, I would like to commend the consumer for his extensive, factual and well organized presentation along with the assistance of Mr.Baglieri, who was documented to have been well credentialed to serve as an expert witness.

I found the consumer's testimony to be both compelling and enlightening.

I felt the manufacture's response was not based on objective findings but rather, predicated on third party suppositions not supported in the hearing.

However, the manufacture's request for relief under the jurisdictional limitations of the Better Business Autoline Program is upheld. Manufacture read from the Chevrolet stat sheet, indicating a Gross Vehicle Weight for this vehicle is 11,413 pounds. This testimony was not disputed by the consumer.

Section "C" Part 2 "Jurisdiction of BBB Auto Line", reads in part:

"Disputes must involve a motor vehicle...that(1) is used or bought for use primarily for personal , family or household purposes or (2) has a gross vehicle weight under 10,000 pounds and is bought or used by any person or business to which not more than five vehicles are registered in California.

I requested additional information from the consumer, to see how or if any of these provisions would apply. Based on the information provided and per the vehicle registration, this is a commercial "work" vehicle, not personal and the subject vehicle does, in fact, exceed the 10,000 pound GVW limitation of part 2.

(Note: Additional, unsolicited information provided by both parties, after the fact, was not a consideration in the making of this decision)

I regret that I cannot provide the consumer with an acceptable resolution to this issue but based on the Better Business Autoline regulations, I am forced to declare the subject vehicle "Out Of Jurisdiction" and render a " Denial" Decision.

This is the letter that came today! Well, It's full speed ahead with the courts. I spoke with the attorney today and i've started the ball rolling. Now I am going after all of my lost expenses since my truck has been down. We are still interested in bringing more people with these same problems into the class action with us. Please get ahold of me if you haven't already. This may be your chance at recovering any losses you have already incurred. I will keep all of you updated!!

Thanks for all the support!!!!!

Old 07-12-2008, 06:22 AM
Registered

Am I reading this correctly? Are they saying if you gross over 10K lbs. or use the vehicle commercially they can refuse a warranty claim?
Old 07-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by pachanga
Am I reading this correctly? Are they saying if you gross over 10K lbs. or use the vehicle commercially they can refuse a warranty claim?
No, The letter is confusing. What it says is if your vehicle is over the 10,000 GVW and they deny your warranty claim for any reason, you would have to go after them civilly in court to resolve your problem. You would be disqualified from using the Lemon Law act through the BBB. So, If you have a dually or something larger, your screwed and have to spend the money for an attorney and go through the courts. If the vehicle is less than the 10,000 GVW ,The vehicle can be used commercially but you have to have 5 vehicles or less registered to the company to qualify. Sounds like B.S.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Registered

go have the truck weighted,,my 06 4x4 3500cc lt d/a dooley weighs 8240lbs,,if the truck was reged to you personaly its better,,id sue gm for breach of contract and fight them in frount of a judge,
Old 07-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
go have the truck weighted,,my 06 4x4 3500cc lt d/a dooley weighs 8240lbs,,if the truck was reged to you personaly its better,,id sue gm for breach of contract and fight them in frount of a judge,
I know my truck only weighs about 8000lbs but the wording is 10,000GVW. I am getting a weigh ticket with a friends dually. My truck is registered under my business. We are going for a jury trial.