Notices

Front End Hitch

Old 09-06-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Front End Hitch

I am so pleased with my new front end hitch on my truck I thought I would share it with everyone. If any of you have a tight spot to put your boat like I do, this is the trick. My neighbor let me know he was not happy with me having to use part of his front yard to back my boat/trailer into my driveway. My 2007 F-250 Crew Cab's wheelbase is a little too long for me to make that sharp turn by backing in. However, since I had the new front end hitch installed, it is much easier. Here is a picture of my boat on the street in front of my house so you can see the street is not very wide. I have also included pics of the hitch with and witout the bar/ball in place. As you can see, the hitch is hard to see without the bar/ball installed. The only modification we had to make was move the license plate down just a little.
Attached Thumbnails Front End Hitch-dscn1908.jpg   Front End Hitch-dscn1914.jpg   Front End Hitch-dscn1915.jpg  

Old 09-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job did you make it your self or can you buy it for the ford?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Ford dealer could not help me. It took me a little while to find a hitch that did not require my fog lights to be removed. The one I ended up with had to be modified so I could keep my fog lights. I bought it at Davis Auto Sales, a specialized truck store in Richmond, VA. They installed it and I think they did an awesome job.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can back that boat in places you could not put it with the front hitch.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by convincor253
I am so pleased with my new front end hitch on my truck I thought I would share it with everyone. If any of you have a tight spot to put your boat like I do, this is the trick. My neighbor let me know he was not happy with me having to use part of his front yard to back my boat/trailer into my driveway. My 2007 F-250 Crew Cab's wheelbase is a little too long for me to make that sharp turn by backing in. However, since I had the new front end hitch installed, it is much easier. Here is a picture of my boat on the street in front of my house so you can see the street is not very wide. I have also included pics of the hitch with and witout the bar/ball in place. As you can see, the hitch is hard to see without the bar/ball installed. The only modification we had to make was move the license plate down just a little.
Looks like it's recessed quite far back in there. You might need someone at the front to watch your turn so you don't turn too sharp and break a fog light with the trailer hitch. Very nice solution to your problem!
Old 09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,172 Likes on 587 Posts

Yep...i have one on my Tahoe and LOVE it! you get some funny looks from people that have never seen one before though.....

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-08-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have one on our F-350 but had to remove the fog lamps. Had another set put on in place of the OEM ones.

Originally had the same problem getting a 45 Sonic in/out of driveway. After many attempts and a torn up lawn did I finally get it right using the back hitch. Front hitch was much easier but a longer process. I finally gave up and bought a whole lot better trailer that I can put in the driveway or anywhere else for that matter with the rear or front hitch.