Notices

Leveling Kit for 09

Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KN
Doesn't a lift on a Chevy/GMC cost a couple grand? just for the lift not including any labor. Who makes the best lift kits? I remember seeing an offroad magazine doing a test on a 2500 HD and they picked a 6" lift that was three letter RCR? It was some company with three letters. Who makes a good 4" lift kit? Thanks for the help guys.

Kirk
Probably RCD. Comes with Bilstein shocks and improves the ride 10 fold. Kit is about 1800, and install can be 700-1000 I'd say.

I just had a Zone lift put on my beater truck, and it was 2k installed, and rides OK, not as nice as something with Bilsteins.

Oh, and I'd say go 6 in, as it cost's the same as 4.

For 285's you should fit stock, might need to trip a little and/or turn up the torsion bars a little. It won't affect ride at all until it bottoms out on the drop stops. I had an 05 with the bars turned all the way and it rode pretty much the same as stock.

Personally I'd go with a decent lift like RCD. It looks great and improves the ride. Just be aware with some lifts you can't run stock wheels because of backspacing issues.

Last edited by rlj676; 10-26-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
Probably RCD. Comes with Bilstein shocks and improves the ride 10 fold. Kit is about 1800, and install can be 700-1000 I'd say.

I just had a Zone lift put on my beater truck, and it was 2k installed, and rides OK, not as nice as something with Bilsteins.

Oh, and I'd say go 6 in, as it cost's the same as 4.

For 285's you should fit stock, might need to trip a little and/or turn up the torsion bars a little. It won't affect ride at all until it bottoms out on the drop stops. I had an 05 with the bars turned all the way and it rode pretty much the same as stock.

Personally I'd go with a decent lift like RCD. It looks great and improves the ride. Just be aware with some lifts you can't run stock wheels because of backspacing issues.
It will seem like it rides the same but not really. if you put it on an alignment rack your jaw would drop the alignment would be pretty far out. I know cuase i work for GMC and Toyota. I did the same thing. My tough country 4" was $1200 shipped with shocks,not Bilstiens though. it was the same price for the 6" one also. The 4" actually came out to 5 inch with a little torsion bar twist.... I mean a little. It went right into align after install. Labor up here in Ct. would tun you about $1000 if you had someone do it. I dont know which lift is the best but I'm sure its the same question like which boat is the best? Everybody will have there opinions.So far I cant complian about mine.... Pics to come soon

Last edited by tcuda499; 10-26-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tcuda499
It will seem like it rides the same but not really. if you put it on an alignment rack your jaw would drop the alignment would be pretty far out. I know cuase i work for GMC and Toyota. I did the same thing. My tough country 4" was $1200 shipped with shocks,not Bilstiens though. it was the same price for the 6" one also. The 4" actually came out to 5 inch with a little torsion bar twist.... I mean a little. It went right into align after install. Labor up here in Ct. would tun you about $1000 if you had someone do it. I dont know which lift is the best but I'm sure its the same question like which boat is the best? Everybody will have there opinions.So far I cant complian about mine.... Pics to come soon
You're right, I forgot to mention you definitely need an alignment after turning up the bars as well as after a lift.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered

The 285's will fit with no rubbing problems. I had them on a stock 2 wheel drive 04'dually. Plenty of room all around.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Registered

Little off topic sorry but....
Towed my boat home this weekend,450 miles,38 scarab . about 12k lbs. the truck handled great with the lift!! I think the wider tires kinda acks like a duelly giving it a wider stance. My tires are 33" tall,13.5 wide on 18's so the side wall is pretty small compared to a 15" X 33" tall tire. They are E rated up to 3500lbs each. overall the truck did better than expected.