Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ? >

Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?

Notices

Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?

Old 12-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Pump I Used Is A Live Well Wash Down Pump It Has
65 Psi Pressure At Hose End I Will Get Model # And Pic By Monday. Boat And Trailer Are In Bulding For Winter.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

I had wash down tanks on the trailer under my old Apache. They worked really well, but the best part was not having to search for a hose or wait in line to use a hose after an event.

The Apache is gone, but I now have a water tank in the bed of the truck to serve the same purpose. I used a 50 gallon in bed fuel tank, added a demand pump and fittings to make it work. It doesn't have nearly the capacity of the dual tanks that were under the Apache, but it still works well.

I'll post pictures of both setups below.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-right-side-2-.jpg   Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-water-tank-2-.jpg   Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-100_1404-2-.jpg  

Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-dscn0544.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 12-27-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Registered

No worries have a hot rod Diesel dodge with air adjustable suspension
Old 12-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I had wash down tanks on the trailer under my old Apache. They worked really well, but the best part was not having to search for a hose or wait in line to use a hose after an event.

The Apache is gone, but I now have a water tank in the bed of the truck to serve the same purpose. I used a 50 gallon in bed fuel tank, added a demand pump and fittings to make it work. It doesn't have nearly the capacity of the dual tanks that were under the Apache, but it still works well.

I'll post pictures of both setups below.

Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 12-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Registered

I wanted the tank and pump as far from water as possible . if tongue weight should be an issue I will simply slide boat back 2 inches and then move on to making world peace !!!

Last edited by activatorf1; 12-27-2009 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:20 AM
Registered

Who made that tank/ toolbox and how much was it ? I need to carry extra fuel in my Diesel
Old 12-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by activatorf1
Who made that tank/ toolbox and how much was it ? I need to carry extra fuel in my Diesel
The tank in the bed came from ATTA. They make a lot of different tanks for just about any application. I have the one pictured on this web page that fits under a roll top bed cover (actually 52 gallons).

http://attatank.com/atta/roll_top_bed_cover_hauler.html

The tank from ATTA came with everything to make it work as an auxiliary fuel tank, but since I decided to use it for water, I used that fuel transfer equipment on a second fuel tank that we installed between the frame rails in place of the spare tire. This auxiliary fuel tank came from Aerotanks and holds 40 gallons. We installed the fill neck for this tank in the driver's side rear wheel well. Picture below.

http://www.aerotanks.com/veh/ford.htm

I also replaced the factory fuel tank with a 60 gallon tank from Transfer Flow.

http://www.transferflow.com/Ford_replacement_tank.html

This gives me 100 gallons of fuel under the truck. This is why I decided to use the in bed tank for water instead of fuel. I actually like the water tank in the truck better than I did on the boat trailer because now I have fresh water no matter where I go. Before I only had water when I had the big boat, but now I have it to use for the smaller boats, with the car trailer, to wash the truck while traveling or for any other occasion. Heck, I have even used it to water newly planted trees around our property. It has hundreds of uses.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody Have Any Pics Of Trailer Washdown Water Holding Tank ?-100_1427.jpg  

Last edited by Hot Duck; 01-12-2010 at 05:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Joe (11-16-2021)
Old 01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
Registered

How many gallon tank per side on Apache trailer ?

Larry
Old 01-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by activatorf1
How many gallon tank per side on Apache trailer ?

Larry
If I remember correctly they were 50 gallons per side. The tanks were plumbed together through one pump, but we had a hose outlet (connection) on both sides of the trailer.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Registered

Thanks , and that pump must have got soaked or did you crane the boat off ? I decided not to use the tank I bought and in process of making custom 80 gal tank that will ft inside trailer frame rail like you had .

Larry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.