Notices

Ford 7.3 diesel exhaust

Old 03-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just sold my 02 7.3 with the 120chip from jody at DP..I ran a 4"downpipe that opened up to a 5" exhaust (no muffler). Transgo Jr shift kit, ATS ported intake housing, and a BHAF...put out about 340hp and 650ftlbs of torque at the wheels.(dynoed) thats with over 200k on the truck.

If you get the adrenaline HPOP you can run a bigger HP chip because your injectors will keep up.

I got the cheapest exhaust on ebay for my 7.3 and it fit fine...but I opted for the MBRP for the dmax and it fits ok too.

and 17mpg is pretty good. Id have to see anyones hand calculations that claim anything more then 17 or 18 out of a 9000lb+ lifted 4x4 truck

Last edited by boatntrkr; 03-13-2010 at 09:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt build my Excursion I got it from a guy that was a VP for a home builder out in AZ, and Vegas, the company went bust so he got the truck as severance pay so he knew only a little about it and had some paper work from some shops out there but it was a hell of a deal for everything you could see on it. When I got it with 94k miles I hopped a flight to upstate NY. where he just moved to and I asked him what the MPG's were for him on his way out and he told me 20 and I didnt think that was right, the trip computer said 8 mpg he said he just reset it when he was sitting waiting for me at the airport. I got in for my drive home with 1/2 tank, the tires were so out of balance I cant beleave he drove it 1600 miles like that. I stopped to fill the tank and feel all the wheels to make sure none of the bearings were bad from the tires when I saw the front hubs were locked and not in the auto setting and I upped the psi in the tires to 60 from 40, 65 is max. I reset the trip computer again and drove 250 miles. The computer said 23.4 but my math had it at 22.0 I couldn't beleave it. I don't know everything that might be done but it runs great and gets good mpgs. After all rears t-case and trans to syn. fluids I have seen 23 but ran slower than I like.

My last truck was an 2000 350 dullie cc 4x4 with a air raid intake, hypertech programmer, bed cover, bug sheild, stock tires and 410 gears. I would avg 17 but on a road trip get 20. Most of your MPG's come from who is behinde the wheel, my first PSD was a 96 cc 4x4 my first new truck,I kept a log on it for fuel and oil changes, I kept it all stock except for front level kit and I avg. 15.5-16 with 17 on a road trips, I sold the truck to my best friend and he put bigger tires and wheels but only about 1.5 inches taller and wider. A few weeks later I asked him how he liked it, loved it but the tires killed the mpgs he was only getting 14-14.5. Months later we took it on a 2000k mile road trip he drove first and got 14.8 then I drove 16.6. I drive in the left lane but stay out of heavy boost, if you can hear the turbo your not getting good mpgs.