Notices

Rear trailer ladder

Old 03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear trailer ladder

I was thinking about putting a ladder on the back of my boat trailer. I was wanting to make it look like a guide with a ladder that pivots out from the top. Has anyone seen a ladder on the trailer towards the rear?
Old 03-16-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered

i have personally never seen one done like that and i think the reason why is because thats where the boat comes off and on the trailer, sounds like a good idea but just not practical to the average boater.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered

I always load people and coolers in the back of my boat to avoid dragging it all through the midcabin. I have not loaded a boat onto a trailer with guides before, but if solid guides arn't a pain in the a##, then the ladder idea should work. ???
Old 03-16-2010, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I saw something like this before. They had made a steel ladder, that attached to the trailer frame. It had carpeted bunk pads that acted as guides for the stern, but also had rungs like a ladder to climb on boat. cool setup.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered

Awesome idea, something I have planned to do to my Myco before I send it into paint this coming fall. I was thinking one on each side, that would multifunction as guides and have the ability to come off for cleaning the hull when the boat sits on the trailer.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Registered

What about making one store under the boat for travel and un latch it and set it up and climb on up??