Notices

Questions about transporting

Old 05-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this guy a licensed and INSURED hauler. Get insurance on the boat ASAP. When I bought my boat I found out (after dragging it 500 miles in 90 degree heat) it had the RECALLED Chinese tires on the trailer. First stop was the tire shop. All new tires E rated all around.

Wannabe
Old 05-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
Is this guy a licensed and INSURED hauler. Get insurance on the boat ASAP. When I bought my boat I found out (after dragging it 500 miles in 90 degree heat) it had the RECALLED Chinese tires on the trailer. First stop was the tire shop. All new tires E rated all around.

Wannabe

He is insured, that contingency I did put in the sales contract.

4th tire blowout, almost to Oklahoma City, replacing the last 3 original tires in town and hopefully no more probs.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tires are probably a little dry rotted but always check the valve stems they cause more tire problems then any of us think about. The stem dry rots and when the air pressure builds they come apart. You can look at tires to see how bad the dry rot is but not the stem. Also being a transporter we always let the customer know up front who is responsible for what and tires he cant control when they will blow out but if there where any question I would have gotten your approval and had everything checked out before traveling that far. Hope you get your boat all in one peace and have a great summer with it.