Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Bunk differences alum vs steel... >

Bunk differences alum vs steel...

Notices

Bunk differences alum vs steel...

Old 06-03-2010, 11:32 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 873 Likes on 322 Posts

Get the aluminum, it doesn't matter where you boat now, but when you go to sell it, coastal people like me won't even look at a boat with a steel trailer. Why eliminate a huge portion of your buying public especially in this economy?
Old 06-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Get the aluminum, it doesn't matter where you boat now, but when you go to sell it, coastal people like me won't even look at a boat with a steel trailer. Why eliminate a huge portion of your buying public especially in this economy?
I agree
Old 06-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Then there are people like me who won't consider an aluminum trailer. Goes both ways.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

I said this months ago and got chastised for it. I wholeheartedly agree.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I suppose thats true but Im a LONG way from any salt and anyone who would travel all the way from salt to buy my boat would have to be insane

I think Ill end up with the steel custom painted the deep purple to match the boat with the alum wheels and maybe the stainless fenders if he doesnt want too much for them D
Old 06-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I suppose thats true but Im a LONG way from any salt and anyone who would travel all the way from salt to buy my boat would have to be insane

I think Ill end up with the steel custom painted the deep purple to match the boat with the alum wheels and maybe the stainless fenders if he doesnt want too much for them D
U can aluminum powdercoated any color u whant and they also come with nice diamond plate fenders !!!

Old 06-04-2010, 01:04 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,248 Likes on 541 Posts

Myco and Manning offer custom painted aluminum trailers that look identical to the steel versions.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DareDevil
U can aluminum powdercoated any color u whant and they also come with nice diamond plate fenders !!!

wouldnt diamond plate end up rusting all over the aluminum?? I have found my diamond plate rusts from the underneath from the water sitting. Im going to take it off mine & just use some grip tape.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Then there are people like me who won't consider an aluminum trailer. Goes both ways.
That's not the point, aluminum will be fine in salt and fresh, steel fine in fresh only. My opinion is from the fact I bought a Lake Havasu boat with a pretty purple steel trailer, it lasted two seasons...not worth it and I'll never do it again. In this market resale should be considered when making a selection.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Well then I'm certifiable because I live in CT and bought a boat from AZ a few years back!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.