Notices

I am looking to buy a Diesal

Old 10-02-2010, 03:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive got a 09 3500 (single wheel) Duramax with 29000 miles. Thinking about going to the 2011. NADA is 46. I will take 40k.

The very cool thing about this truck, besides having all the otehr options, is the back up camera built into the tailgate. It has a great view of the trailer ball and is cool for hooking up to the boat.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I would suggest;

1. Dodge Cummins 5.9
Pro;
A. least maintenance
B. good fuel mileage
C. 500,000 miles before major rebuild
D. Easy to build power but needs twin turbos for 500hp
E. 40% fewer moving parts than V8 diesels
Con;
A. Weak turbo housing(Holset)
B. Truck tends to 'wander'
C. Frame not as strong as Ford's frame
D. Loud motor but the Cummins "growl" is awesome!

2. Duramax
Pro;
A. Good fuel mileage
B. VERY quiet motor
Con;
A. Weakest connecting rods
B. Nice truck but the IFS sucks

3. Powerstroke 7.3
Pro;
A. Good power
B. Reliable engine
C. Best truck
Con;
A. The turbo tends to fail somewhere around 200,000 miles. Garrett Turbo has the fix.
Catmando, I bought an '01 cummins dually and wondering if installing the steering box stabilizer will help with the wandering in my dodge. What do you think and what is your opinion on the edge juice with attitude programmer.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose this one and I'm happyer than a pig in ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbUQBWwrqJc
Old 10-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
I chose this one and I'm happyer than a pig in ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbUQBWwrqJc
Nice! I never liked brown vehicles until I test drove a 2010 Dodge dually with the beautiful Rugged Brown Pearl. On my 2006 Dodge the overhead fuel mileage computer was always wrong, might want to hand calculate that to know for sure. Gotta change those 'doughnut' wheels. I think 20s would look great. What did the dealer say was the engine break in mileage?

Enjoy!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by wayne272
Catmando, I bought an '01 cummins dually and wondering if installing the steering box stabilizer will help with the wandering in my dodge. What do you think and what is your opinion on the edge juice with attitude programmer.
Is it 4x4? Yes I believe that's what the 2nd gen trucks need but go here for more information as I'm not familiar with 2nd gen trucks;

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98...tech-articles/
Old 10-04-2010, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Good news for Ferd guys with 2011s they don't have to pay for cab removal.
same with the 2008-2010. the cab is not supposed to be removed from the 1999-2007 models. aquaforce.... you are mistaken. if being charged for body removal is 8 hours people are being raped. my record is 52 minutes on a super cab. 1.5 hours back on. i usually charge 4 hours. that will cover it all. crew cabs take a little longer since you need to remove the driver and pass seats to access the body bolts.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by wayne272
First things first!, you need to put a new lift pump on now or a inline electical pump, AIR DOG -etc. VP44s fail on those truck bc of lack of fuel. Next, edge with attitude is a good start if you just want some increased hp. Steering - the "TRACK BAR" is what fails the most on the dodge steering assembly. Replace this first and see how the truck handles. If you do elect to place a steering sabilizer on it, be careful of how the truck will react. Mine was extremely touchy and nimble after i did that.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fixxxer22
same with the 2008-2010. the cab is not supposed to be removed from the 1999-2007 models. aquaforce.... you are mistaken. if being charged for body removal is 8 hours people are being raped. my record is 52 minutes on a super cab. 1.5 hours back on. i usually charge 4 hours. that will cover it all. crew cabs take a little longer since you need to remove the driver and pass seats to access the body bolts.

Not sure what you imply I am mistaken about.
Your fast cab removal time is a skill gained from frequent repetition of a task and benefits your paycheck. Good. If you are willing to only charge a customer 52 min for a cab off job I'm sure you would never be out of work.

Reality is that a service writer/shop/ independent will charge what the flat rate manual states plus. I have paid for jobs from the Ford dealer that have high hours and I'm sure the guys can pull them pretty fast. What some call business you call rape. It takes all kinds.

Last edited by aquaforce; 10-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean
The very cool thing about this truck, besides having all the otehr options, is the back up camera built into the tailgate. It has a great view of the trailer ball and is cool for hooking up to the boat.

I loved that about my Suburban I traded for my Duramax. I was laughing my butt off at my father in law back at the trailer tongue waiving his arms like he is giving me directions and the whole time I was watching the screen. That was so awesome!! Only 1 attempt needed to park the ball directly under the trailer tongue and just get out and drop it down. Perfect!!

This truck is going to get the same thing.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aquaforce
Not sure what you imply I am mistaken about.
Your fast cab removal time is a skill gained from frequent repetition of a task and benefits your paycheck. Good. If you are willing to only charge a customer 52 min for a cab off job I'm sure you would never be out of work.

Reality is that a service writer/shop/ independent will charge what the flat rate manual states plus. I have paid for jobs from the Ford dealer that have high hours and I'm sure the guys can pull them pretty fast. What some call business you call rape. It takes all kinds.
yeah, i read wrong. you have a point sir. touche A cab lift pays like 6.3 on a 2008-2010 the new trucks have some sort of removable fenders or something... i dont know cuz they have not broken down yet. there is no labor operation for body off removal in the 1999-2007 model years. what i was saying is if i have to charge i charge 4hours. its really not that hard. sorry dude.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.