Notices

Hydrogen Generator ???

Old 11-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydrogen Generator ???

Anybody running one ? They are getting pretty cheap to buy and are easy to install, I have a 01 Excursion with a 7.3 with a fair amount of stuff done to it and this should lower EGT's but just wanted real world feed back.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Anybody running one ? They are getting pretty cheap to buy and are easy to install, I have a 01 Excursion with a 7.3 with a fair amount of stuff done to it and this should lower EGT's but just wanted real world feed back.
For the size engine you have your going to nees a few of them..The more you have the more power your going to need,i made one a few years ago for a friend, he installed it and he jerry rigged the power wire so he had to go under the hood of his blazer and hook it to his battery,we went to a parade in the local town and he forgot about disconnecting it,when he got back to his truck he went to start the blazer and kaBOOM he blew every gasket on his motor and blew the sir filter to shreds..needless to say he ended up pulling the engine to replace all the outer gaskets including the rear main seal..I had to laugh Because i busted his balls about the way he Jerry rigged the power wire and told him that was going to happen..
I tried one on my 7.4 bbc and it didn't make much of a difference .
Old 11-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered

They have very tuneable ones for under $500 that will be big enough, They use the vacum of the intake tube to drawl it in not a pump. I was reading about them in the new 8 lug magazine. I dont even need more power but the better mpg's, less noise at idle and quicker spool up of the turbo plus the lower carbon footprint will be nice for the tree huggers that made Ford stop building the Excursion.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:10 AM
Registered

I ran one on the wife's Navigator and didn't see any difference. We drove 600 miles with it and the 600 without while going on vacation and NO differece in mileage. my .02