Notices

2005 6.0 ford

Old 12-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they seem to be like russian ruliet..have a friend with a 06 then than 20k on third turbo..totally stock...ford told hime he did not drive it enough..if thast not a B/S line...the pistons are very weak so when boosted up bad things happen to a lot of them...also if you run a programmer and engine has issues, you remove it take to the dealer..they still know..it leaves a code that tells them what was done so preceed carfully there...so the bottom line is when the loaded round comes up in the chamber ???
Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
they seem to be like russian ruliet..have a friend with a 06 then than 20k on third turbo..totally stock...ford told hime he did not drive it enough..if thast not a B/S line...the pistons are very weak so when boosted up bad things happen to a lot of them...also if you run a programmer and engine has issues, you remove it take to the dealer..they still know..it leaves a code that tells them what was done so preceed carfully there...so the bottom line is when the loaded round comes up in the chamber ???
This is absolutely FALSE. I have a '06 6.0 diesel and they can not tell what you did to it. They can tell that the computer was flashed but not that it had a tune in it. I just tell them I took it to my Local diesel shop and they scanned it for me and then recommended I take it to the dealer since it is a issue covered under warranty. '08 and newer trucks have a Black Box that can record engine parameters such as boost levels. If they see boost #'s higher than normal they can refuse your warranty.
Old 12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
This is absolutely FALSE. I have a '06 6.0 diesel and they can not tell what you did to it. They can tell that the computer was flashed but not that it had a tune in it. I just tell them I took it to my Local diesel shop and they scanned it for me and then recommended I take it to the dealer since it is a issue covered under warranty. '08 and newer trucks have a Black Box that can record engine parameters such as boost levels. If they see boost #'s higher than normal they can refuse your warranty.
+1 if you take the truck back to stock the truck will have a p1000 in continious memory. which states :drive cycle not complete. as a tech i can assume someone was taking their programmer off. but i am not the type to accuse and we are not the type of dealer to turn you away. alot of the time the programmer did not cause any issue and i tell my customers that if they come in with a p1000 to next time they have an issue just leave the program on so i can see any codes or freeze frame data that the truck captured. unless it is a bullydog. the bully dogs erase automaticaly. well at least the on the fly tuners. (not the 6 gun)

a 2008 and up is all the same same processor and same stuff. a 2008 cannot record anything if you have a program or not. someone spread that propaganda early before its launch (i wonder if it was ford) but its not true. you got a problem with your hometown dealers and they dont wanna fix things... come to me. Lindquist ford Bettendorf Iowa. I love to fix these trucks. and the more the merrier.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts

Do the 6.0 get better mileage than the 7.3? The best I have got was almost 19mpg it is usually around 17.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Do the 6.0 get better mileage than the 7.3? The best I have got was almost 19mpg it is usually around 17.
no, they get a little worse unsless chipped. usually around 13-15.
Old 12-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a 06/550 with a 6.0 and would not do it again. had the truck 3 years at least 2 break downs a year. and maintence is expensive.
I put 6-10k miles a year and spent 2-3000 yearly for repair/maint. and mine was under warranty.
If you do go thru with it go to your dealer,they had a extended warranty program till 200k miles its woth the $1500
also look at web site the deisel stop.com /forum
the majority of people who had or have one will tell you to stay away,but its your choice.just dont let your wife know people told you not to buy it ,she will remind you everytime it gets towed in or your sitting on the side of the road.
if you do buy a 6.0 carry tools and turbo clamps and hoses, they do pop off and when it happens the clamps are streched and you can fix on the side of the road.[common prob]
Old 12-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 162 Likes on 81 Posts
Thumbs up

I have a 2005 Ford F350 4x4 CC Dually. It has 180,000 miles on it. Stock. Runs great. Pulls the Top Gun like a champ..
Old 12-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waycool marine
I had a 06/550 with a 6.0 and would not do it again. had the truck 3 years at least 2 break downs a year. and maintence is expensive.
I put 6-10k miles a year and spent 2-3000 yearly for repair/maint. and mine was under warranty.
If you do go thru with it go to your dealer,they had a extended warranty program till 200k miles its woth the $1500
also look at web site the deisel stop.com /forum
the majority of people who had or have one will tell you to stay away,but its your choice.just dont let your wife know people told you not to buy it ,she will remind you everytime it gets towed in or your sitting on the side of the road.
if you do buy a 6.0 carry tools and turbo clamps and hoses, they do pop off and when it happens the clamps are streched and you can fix on the side of the road.[common prob]
everything you listed at the end there of pipes popping off is a sign of a poor technician. i clean my tubes very well and torque every clamp. never had one blow off. the clamps dont stretch. i have seen them break but only the hotside at the turbo and its always the one with the staple holes in it.

this is the main issues with the 6.0 its high strung and needs to be fixed correctly. techn icians that like to cut corners will have you on the side of the road.

being flat rate paid you always wanna be efficient. but the key is to do it right and have no comebacks. and if you do something correctly many times you will get quick at it.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts

Fixxxer did you get my last email?
Old 12-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cigrocket
I have a 2005 Ford F350 4x4 CC Dually. It has 180,000 miles on it. Stock. Runs great. Pulls the Top Gun like a champ..
Same here. I have a 2005 F-250 6.0L. I've put on 100,600 trouble-free miles. The only thing it's ever been in for was an EGR valve at about 60,000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.