Notices

Road King Aluminum Trailers

Old 03-24-2011, 02:00 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

FYI, Myco just came out with a new, less expensive line of trailers... Be sure to call them before buying something else.
Also look at Continental and Float On.

Many of the others are very bad...
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 03-24-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.

I purchased a triple axle Float-On and after using it about 5 times, a wheel fell off in the ramp. The spindle fell off of the axle because of a bad weld. I was able to easily knock off the leaf spring mounts with a hammer because those welds were bad as well. When I got the trailer, every bolt was loose, nothing fit the boat and the fenders were junk. Overall, I think you can get by with an I beam trailer, but make sure you get good quality axles and tires with plenty of extra capacity. I think that's where some manufacturers skimp to save some money.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I pulled my boat about 600 miles on a triple axle venture with out any problems whatsoever. Pulls straight as an arrow. 2010 model. Only thing I would change is adding electric brakes.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Registered

FYI, Myco just came out with a new, less expensive line of trailers... Be sure to call them before buying something else.

Did not know that. Will contact them tomorrow, thanks.
And thanks to all for the other comments. Keep them comming!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered

I had one Road King trailer under one of my boats when I bought it. Trailer was ok ... not good, not bad. It had torsion axles and Tie-Down surge disc brakes. The Tie-Down brakes were an absolute joke! They were nothing but junk! I changed out the Tie-Down garbage with Kodiak cad plated (or e-coat ... I don't remember anymore) calipers, caliper holders and rotors. Much, much better parts, IMO. You can do a search for "Tie Down" brakes on here and see others opinions, too. After changing the brakes, I made a couple of long trips (~ 500 miles, each) with the trailer and had no problems .... now that I think about it, I think I had to change out the tail lights, too.

Last edited by bob_t; 03-26-2011 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:21 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Tie down JUNK

I have a I beam trailer that came with Tie Down torshions. After the 2nd torsion failure and crappy non existant customer service I changed all three axles to dexter. Wow that was fun! Tie down products are throw away.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

I got a quote on Myco's economical version of there C channel but unfortunately it's 1 1/2 times more than an I- beam so still out of my price range.

Originally Posted by fossil fuel
I have a I beam trailer that came with Tie Down torshions. After the 2nd torsion failure and crappy non existant customer service I changed all three axles to dexter. Wow that was fun! Tie down products are throw away.
Is there a way to tell what kind of torsion's are used. If it has Tie Down brakes does that mean it has Tie Down torsion's? I know that Road King does use Tie Down brakes but I was planning on upgrading to Kodiaks.