Notices

New (used) Tow Rig

Old 04-20-2011, 05:55 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,404 Likes on 475 Posts

Congrats! matching vinyl graphics next and tint!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:56 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 394 Likes on 142 Posts

Craig, congrats, what did you pull the Cig with before this fine rig?
Dean
Old 04-20-2011, 06:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 151 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Nice ride Craig. Needs some graphics to match old school now and you'll be big pimpin
Flames. And some tribal stuff with matching neon. Old school, ya know?

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 04-20-2011, 07:04 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great man! Those things do drive nice for medium duty rigs. Does it have Air suspension?
Old 04-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very cool ive had a couple of those in the past few years. you will be amazed when you put the boat on it.I currently have a 650, same motor /trans. pulling my cig 70-80 mph i still get around 10. my old ford 550 got 4. any questions on the trucks pm me. last one I had had a stock beat up interior. I put a new interior package from sportchassis and it was relatively cheap.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 346 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
Craig, congrats, what did you pull the Cig with before this fine rig?
Dean
I have a 2500HD Chevy crew cab with the Duramax/Allison. It pulled the Cig fine. The problem is that it is rated to tow 12000lbs. and we all know that I'm over that. Thinking with the "what if" mode made me buy this. If a family in a minivan pulled out in front of me and there was an accident, I think that the insurance company would turn their back on me. That wouldn't be pretty. Don't have to worry about that anymore!

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
Looks great man! Those things do drive nice for medium duty rigs. Does it have Air suspension?
Air ride seats and suspension. It's not air brakes....but some kind of hybrid air over something or other. I don't know, but there is air related to the maxi brake???

Originally Posted by waycool marine
very cool ive had a couple of those in the past few years. you will be amazed when you put the boat on it.I currently have a 650, same motor /trans. pulling my cig 70-80 mph i still get around 10. my old ford 550 got 4. any questions on the trucks pm me. last one I had had a stock beat up interior. I put a new interior package from sportchassis and it was relatively cheap.
Cool.... and thanks. This one was customized by a company in Dallas called Western Hauler. It has some neat stuff in it. A woman owned it and hauled a horse trailer with it. She traded it in on a newer one. She would take it to the Freightliner dealer regularly for maintenance and forwarded all of the maintenance records, so I have a good feeling after looking at all of it that it'll be good for us.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:16 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Wild
very cool, you may have to add some weight to the rear with that single axle, but that is baaaaad boy

congrats
It's got a diamond plate/steel one piece bed thingy on it and it looks like it's got some weight to it. I'll find out how it tows soon enough!

Originally Posted by buck183
(In my best Smokey voice from the movie "Friday") Dang Craig, you lookin good!!!!

You should have called me before you hit the state line here. I could have prevented that from happening.

Enjoy the rig....

Buck
Thanks Buck. The PoPo wasn't thrilled that I was running without a tag on it. I had a paper tag and all of the documentation in the cab with me. They told me when they let me go to stop at the next exit and get some tape to display it in the back window. I stopped and got some tape........about 4 hours later.
Attached Thumbnails New (used) Tow Rig-dscn0397-2-.jpg   New (used) Tow Rig-dscn0392-2-.jpg  
Old 04-20-2011, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,404 Likes on 475 Posts

Cool, its an extended cab, from the pic w Nancy I couldn't tell, I like that, nice shorter wheelbase. That will be perfect for tight ramps and such.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Cool, its an extended cab, from the pic w Nancy I couldn't tell, I like that, nice shorter wheelbase. That will be perfect for tight ramps and such.
It's got a nice bed back there with a coffin sized storage compartment under it. I was surprised how comfy it is. I slept in that beeotch twice for 6 hours or so on the way back.
Attached Thumbnails New (used) Tow Rig-freightshaker2011-004resize.jpg  
Old 04-20-2011, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 151 Likes on 90 Posts

Plenty of space for toys and tools- looks perfect for your boat.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Last edited by jayboat; 04-20-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.