Notices

Tow vehicle tires

Old 05-04-2011, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tow vehicle tires

I would like some personal experience advice.......
I am getting ready to replace my Michelins on my 2004
f=350 4wd dually
I have gotten good wear out of the tires I have ,but have been less than satisfied with their performance in wet conditions especially when towing
Any advice is greatly appreciated
Old 05-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Try Nitto Terra Graplers... I have load E tires and they are doing well. Great in the wet, straight tracking, and good wear.
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-04-2011, 07:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by inxs01
I would like some personal experience advice.......
I am getting ready to replace my Michelins on my 2004
f=350 4wd dually
I have gotten good wear out of the tires I have ,but have been less than satisfied with their performance in wet conditions especially when towing
Any advice is greatly appreciated
You will not find a better riding or longer lasting tire than the Michelin LTX, Period. The new LTX2 is designed a little different and should be a bit better in the rain.
Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
You will not find a better riding or longer lasting tire than the Michelin LTX, Period. The new LTX2 is designed a little different and should be a bit better in the rain.
Careful.... Yes the LTX is a good long lasting tire.. But traction is only marginal...
Michelin came out w the LTX AT2, which is a bit more aggressive.
I tried them... for one week.... Then had them taken off. They were the worst set of tires I have had. The biggest complaint was the tracking...The truck would not hold a line....
I wouldn't put them on my truck if they were Free...
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 05-04-2011, 07:54 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Careful.... Yes the LTX is a good long lasting tire.. But traction is only marginal...
Michelin came out w the LTX AT2, which is a bit more aggressive.
I tried them... for one week.... Then had them taken off. They were the worst set of tires I have had. The biggest complaint was the tracking...The truck would not hold a line....
I wouldn't put them on my truck if they were Free...
I agree. I had a set on my last truck. They lasted forever, but they sucked in the rain and sand.

On my current truck, I'm on my second set of BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A's. I got 80,000 out of my first set. The traction/tracking is excellent.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Try some Cooper Discoverer Atr's.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CigDaze
On my current truck, I'm on my second set of BFGoodrich Rugged Trail T/A's. I got 80,000 out of my first set. The traction/tracking is excellent.
+1 Had several sets of BFG T/A's. Love them.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:35 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,264 Likes on 552 Posts

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING GOODYEAR. They suck for truck tires. I've got brand new Goodyear Wrangler HT's on my F350 Dually and I can't wait to get my 19.5 in and stick the Goodyears on the Myco. I'd only consider Firestone Transforce HT or Yokohama Geolanders for current dually options.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not shure how aggressive of a tire your running but I typically run a mt style tire and then have them fully siped, helps the mt style last longer and awesome traction in the winter snow and ice.

Current truck 2500hd crewcab, 285 goodyear duratac's that I had siped and I will not buy another set. I'm under 10,000 miles on them but they are probably half tread already. Awesome traction, work great ..but not worth the cost/wear

I ran cooper discover stt's (fully siped) on my last truck. Had 40,000 miles on them and they were still around half tread, worked excellent. I'm probably getting another set for my crew cab this year and put the duratracs on my plow truck.

Not shure if they make them anymore but I ran dayton timberline mt's (fully siped) on another truck, put a good 40,000 on them......went on another truck for a good 20,000....and they are currently on my plow truck with under 1/4 tread left. Once again worked excellent, and would buy another set.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Banned

buddy has coopers on his dually were good priced and pretty aggressive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.