Notices

Dexter EOH Actuator?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
with no tools
No speciality tools I should say. I didn't need a tubing bender or a flare tool. The kits come sized for your trailer, and the tubing is easily bendable by hand. It comes coiled, so all you have to do is straighten it out for your long runs.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like my job just got a little bigger (fun in the 110* heat). Thanks for the replies/info guys. Sydwayz you've been a big help over the years.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I have been looking at the dexter EOH for a while. I have an older myco trailer with surge brakes and drums. Once I add thid actuator I assume I need to weld the tounge where the surge brakes were. Does the EOH kit tie in directly to my existing lines and drum brakes or do I have to change anything on the drums.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:43 PM
Registered

I talked to Dexter today and they said any SAE rated brake line (steel or not) should be rated to withstand the pressure of their actuator. That being said, yes it should hook up to your 3/8" brake line fitting. If you stay with drum brakes you'll need the Dexter 1,000 psi actuator. If you upgrade to disc (I strongly recommend) you'll need the 1,600 psi actuator.

You should weld the surge tongue so it does not extend/retract but from what I understand is not necessary. However, you'll have a smoother set up if you weld it... no clunking or slop.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Alright I got my Dexter 1600 psi actuator ordered today. Next question, has anyone had any luck using this actuator with a 2000/2001 era Tekonsha Voyager brake control unit? I know a lot of guys are using Prodigy but I figured I would see if my current unit will work first. Dexter says the Voyager "SHOULD" work.