Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Transportation
Went to the track last night.... >

Went to the track last night....

Notices

Went to the track last night....

Old 12-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1,023 Likes on 540 Posts
Default Went to the track last night....

Tundra knocking off 13.3 1/4 mile runs all night long.
Nissan GT-R banging low 10's like clockwork.
Ratty Mazda coupe (not RX-7, looked like an old Nissan Sentra) smoking down the track in the low 7's
16 yr old girl was running a turbine dragster, 1/8 mile shut downs. She ran it for the first time last night and did 3 runs.

The track (Moroso, now called Palm Beach Raceway) has a new road course next to the drag strip, a pair of Ferrari 458's running laps with a few 911 GT3's.

Interesting night, my buddy ran a diesel BMW 335d 13.4-13.6, chipped but bone stock after that (automatic, street tires). Another buddy was running a Shelby GT500 with a little work, 11.4 was his best.

$20 bucks to run all night, most got 8-10 runs in for the night. Cheap fun as long as nothing breaks!

Best run of the night, worked F350 SRW, lifted crushed a Mustang GT 5.0 (new body, new car). That truck poured out black smoke and walked down the track with a kid in a Mustang wondering what just happened!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Pretty sure the episodes of Pass Time that aired last night were from Palm Beach. I watch it so much my wife even guesses times now and gets pretty close!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love watching diesels smoke sports cars!
Old 12-09-2011, 12:15 PM
Registered

PBIR is a nice facility now.... before Moroso was just an old school track with iffy prep (some days it would be good and others like they totally forgot there was a track).
Old 12-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Can they run the road course and the drag strip at the same time now? Were they running the road course after dark?
Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 1,023 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by handfulz28
Can they run the road course and the drag strip at the same time now? Were they running the road course after dark?
Whole complex has been re-done. The track no longer uses the drag strip as part of the course, they are totally separate now but the track is in the background/line of sight from the bleachers.

www.racepbir.com

The owners are the same guys that own the Loggerhead Marina chain (14 marinas in Florida). They bought Moroso for about 7mm and then remodeled it. They were trying to sell memberships (like country club memberships for the track, calling it Palm Beach Driving Club). Not sure how that is going for them.