Notices

Made in USA, Interesting

Old 12-15-2011, 11:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 89scarabIII
Just for the record I have a 1995 f-350 dually with 189k miles on it, I would tow my 12,000lbs. rig anywhere right now with it. LOVE IT. How many 17 year old Toyota owners can say that. Is there any?
Right now, my budget says I might have to hold on to mine for 17 years. LOL!!1 My engine rebuild (boat) and new drive took a toll on my monies. I would like to give a shot though, but I normally get the itch to buy new as soon as it's paid off. Bad habit I know. Currently 60K on it now in three yrs, should hit 180k in another 6 yrs. Might just be able to do it.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,066 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
We can make good products just as cost effectively as any other country.
Untill there are tarrifs in place it will never be a level playing field. And heres aperfect example for you:

We make mag-drive pumps here. We had one of our own distributors copy one of our pumps that happens to be very popular for home beer brewing. They had it copied and made in China and are now selling a Stainless steel version of it for less then our Plastic version! Our stainless version is almost 3 times the cost they are selling it for! We buy the stainless raw castings ($34) (then do all the machining inhouse) for close to what they are selling a complete bolt on stainless pump head for!!! ($40)
How does a company compete against that when we are trying to keep everything made in the US??

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!