Notices

Duraburb...

Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I have an 03 Avalanche 2500 with the 8.1L and 4.10 gears. I have a cold air intake, no more cats, 40 series Flowmaster diesel muffler and the 4" MBRP tailpipe from my old Dmax. Sounds amazing. I did a complete retune using HP Tuners software and a friend's chassis dyno. I get better mileage than any 6.0L HD (except on big highway because of 4.10's but I rarely drive them). Around 370 crank hp (275 hp @ wheels) with good torque numbers. I have a 496 HO cam on my shelf waiting to go in once my BBC in the boat is back together. I am also going to adapt the LS2 Vette throttle body on there along with marine injectors. Should be around 450 hp (at least the 425...haha). I cant wait to get an Allison trans to stick in (4L80E gearing is waaaay too tall.) It is no Dmax but pulls like a beast and get 15-16 mpg keeping it under 65 mph. I have the trans set up to shift low (except at WOT) and low lock up settings to utelize the great torque band. Drives almost like a diesel but I still miss my old LMM Dmax. I have thought about swapping one in but I like the sound of the BBC...haha.

I think GM missed the mark by not offering Dmax in Burbs and Avalanches....they would be the perfect tow vehicles. I love my avalanche over my old HD as far as comfort, looks, and ride. Have pulled things over 15k with no problems at all. Butting the diesel in the Excursion's was the only thing Ford got right. I drive an 08 F250 diesel every day for work and all ten F150's and F250's we have in fleet have major problems before 100k. All of our 2010 and 2011 F150's are getting ball joints and wheel bearings by 80k miles. All we do is drive...no towing even. We have problems that I have never seen in GM products or at such low miles.

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 10-02-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Though this started out with a Pick-up here is a similar SUV in style
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_bpTwrvLoE&feature=plcp

This is for just all out gofast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyv3U...eature=related

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/featur...amax_dura_kon/

Fact is the Tow cap on 2003-2006 is 12K and 10K on 2007-2013 (due to the hitch in bumper set up) and its all based on a combination of braking wheel base and frame rigidity.

Either way its plenty for most boats, the nice thing about them is they ride much better and are far more family friendly then a CC P/U.

The other plus is that they (when built stock or mild) are worth just as much or more than what it cost to have built in our service center. Its a good deal no matter how you slice it.

It may not be for everyone but we are building 4-5 per month and it just keeps growing.

[IMG][/IMG]

YEA that ESV is a 2500HD LBZ

Eric
Old 10-04-2012, 12:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Eric good to see you back on OSO, All I can say about Eric /Duraburb inc. and there conversions is THERE F-ing AWESOME I have a tread on OSO where Eric did the conversion on my H2 and my hummer is SOOOOOOOO bad ass now I can't even put in to words how awesome it is why GM never did this is beyond me. I have a guy in CA that wants to buy my truck right now and I will more than likely but another H2 and do it again. All I can say is if you don't own one or have never driven one don't knock it cause you have no clue what you're talking about and your making yourself look stupid to the one that do, that was the best $$ I have ever spent!! Eric I am coming down next month i am going to try to stop by and see what cool projects you have going on.