Notices

7.3 powerstroke is sick.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 104 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
It can also be the valve cover harness, the loose connection is on the INSIDE of the valve cover, someone said they made sure it was tight at valve cover, but did they pull the cover? the oil will make the locking tab weak, makes the truckm do all kinds of crazy things, I used a wire tie to lift tab to lock so it is impossible to loosen, was cheaper then a new harness...
I have seen this too...
Old 10-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
It can also be the valve cover harness, the loose connection is on the INSIDE of the valve cover, someone said they made sure it was tight at valve cover, but did they pull the cover? the oil will make the locking tab weak, makes the truckm do all kinds of crazy things, I used a wire tie to lift tab to lock so it is impossible to loosen, was cheaper then a new harness...
I did not check the connection on the inside of the valve cover. That is the most suspect area to me. As soon as I get a chance I am going to pull the valve cover and check it. Truck as all the new sensors that were under recall, others I replaced recently. With the truck being a early 99, it never had the later updated shims installed on the connection under the valve cover.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by showtime83
I did not check the connection on the inside of the valve cover. That is the most suspect area to me. As soon as I get a chance I am going to pull the valve cover and check it. Truck as all the new sensors that were under recall, others I replaced recently. With the truck being a early 99, it never had the later updated shims installed on the connection under the valve cover.
I removed my valve cover and did the quarter trick, it took the rough rough idle and stall away, but I still stall and stumble and all the lights will come on and go off. Didn't have a chance to get to the shop today.

Rick
Old 10-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 208 Likes on 133 Posts

Like I said, a wire tie works perfect!! LOL lasted forever in mine!!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I've since rechecked the connection under the valve cover and is tight as can be, I'm going to try a few things mentioned on here. I am at my wits end!!!!

Rick
Old 10-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you pull anything apart did you buzz test the injectors with the scanner? it almost sounds like you may have a bad injector...buzz test the injectors..whyle your in their i would go ahead and update the valve cover gasket and harness to the newer style ones,,the connectors are much better...
Old 10-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
Before you pull anything apart did you buzz test the injectors with the scanner? it almost sounds like you may have a bad injector...buzz test the injectors..whyle your in their i would go ahead and update the valve cover gasket and harness to the newer style ones,,the connectors are much better...
Did the buzz test, all good, didn't replace gasket or the harness, truck hasn't acted up in a few days. Crazy, I know is coming!!

Rick
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
Did the buzz test, all good, didn't replace gasket or the harness, truck hasn't acted up in a few days. Crazy, I know is coming!!

Rick
If you can keep the scanner with you,when it acts up do a cylinder ballance test and figure which cylinder it is then buzz test that injector..Have you ever did the injector orings? keep a eye on your oil level..if it goes up you have oring leakage or a bad cyliner..
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FJ9 DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) P1316 INDICATES THAT CODES ARE STORED IN THE IDM
Possible causes:
Injector(s) or circuit(s)
Open or shorted IDM enable circuit
Open/short in EF circuit
Open/short in FDCS circuit
IDM relay
IDM powering circuits
IDM
PCM
Check for other codes.
Key on, engine off.
Perform KOEO On-Demand Self Test.
Are IDM or any other codes stored?
YES,GO to the appropriate pinpoint test. NO,GO to FJ10 .
Old 10-11-2012, 07:27 AM
coolrunning racing
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

FJ10 DTC P1316 OR P1670, CHECK FOR AN INTERMITTENT OPEN CIRCUIT
Key off.
Install breakout box, leave PCM disconnected.
Disconnect IDM.
Check for intermittent open in the following circuits:
Measure resistance on (FDCS) Circuit 821 (BR/O) between IDM connector Pin 17 and PCM Test Pin 95.
Measure resistance on (EF) Circuit 818 (GY/W) between IDM connector Pin 4 and PCM Test Pin 48.
Grasp the harness close to the IDM connector. Wiggle, shake the harness while working your way back to the PCM, while looking for a spike on the DVOM.
Do all readings remain below 5 ohms throughout procedure?
YES,GO to FJ11 . NO,REPAIR open in the suspect circuit. RESTORE vehicle. CLEAR DTCs and RETEST.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.